• ...and so much more!
  • glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Help with new sight on Glock

By some research here is sounds like there are a lot of fans of the Dawson sights for the glocks. I was think about ordering this one for my G34.

019-001 Sight-Front/Glock Cut/Optc, .160T x .125W/with Factory Fixed or Adj or Novak Rear Detail Page

I was not looking to replace the back sight but wanted to know everyones opinion on that. Will I be sorry i did not replace rear sight? Can I do front not and rear later?

Where is the best place to order from. Thanks in advance for help

Last edited:

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I have not tried them that I know of. My mini glocks use xs big dot I use standard dot night sights on my full size

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    link finally worked for me just my 2cents but I dont like the fiber optic/light gathering tubes on my handguns my experience they are not up to the repeated holstering/unhostering and general knocking around I do. That said I have similar on a puma levergun I knock around and they have been fine really easy to see so take it as you will.

Vince

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Ripley County
    I have never used a fiber-optic sight on a handgun so I cannot comment ot that but if you have a C&R you can sign up for an account at Brownells and get much better pricing on just about anything they offer.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo

Daturbokat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Clayton IN
    Get the Dawson Heinie Combo. Wouldn't recommend for carry, but they are great for competition. I like the fiber front and black rear sight for my competition guns.

Dawson Precision

Scroll down the page a little and you'll find them.

Daturbokat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Clayton IN
    Sorry, I was also gonna comment on not changing the rear. I assume you have the adjustable rear sight. I have the dawson precision front and glock adjustable rear on one of my glocks, but I don't like it as much as the combo. I am always afraid the adjustable sight is going to move because it seems a little flimsy. I also took a sharpie and blacked out the adjustable rear. I am planning on switching it to the Heinie slant pro rear to get rid of the adjustable rear.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I have the Dawson adjustable rear and FO front on my two longslide Glocks, a Dawson fixed rear and FO front on my G21, and Dawson fixed rear and plain front on my G17. Night sights on my G19.

I prefer the Dawson sights because they have a tighter sight picture compared to the Warren sights and the Heinie. It comes down to personal preference.

I like the adjustable sights on range-only guns, especially the G35, where I shoot major and minor loads, depending upon the competitive event. There is a need to adjust POI between the two loadings.

I noticed you're checking out the front sight that's .125 in width. Most competition shooters prefer narrow front sights, like the .105 version that Dawson sells. Again, it's personal preference, but I find I shoot more accurately and quickly with a narrow front sight.

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i have the dawson (slim) heine rear on my g17L in my shop right now (for sale).
    you are more than welcome to come down and check it out to see it for yourself

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Glock sights out of the box are good to go. No need to spend $100... just buy more ammo. You will not be sorry. Or spend the money on a good firearms school.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

That sounds good until you go shoot steel, bowling pins, or an IDPA/USPSA match. The smaller FO front sights are thinner and make for faster target acquisition and more precise shooting.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Come on guys, we've got to stop this crap of beating on everyone who just joins.

Not everyone is going to write a friggin novel their first 50 posts and we are driving people away from the site.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    PLEASE EXPOUND . YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR MY INTENTIONS. MR. TROLL aka OVERTHEHILLGUY

just to respond, many people only join this site to use the classifieds, which requires 50 posts.

Thus, we get a lot of people posting one liners, etc to hurry and get their post count up so they can post a gun for sell.

I personally don't understand why anyone would bother catching crap from INGO members while they make their first 50 posts when you can just go to hoosiertopics.com and list it there...

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Glock sights out of the box are good to go. No need to spend $100... just buy more ammo. You will not be sorry. Or spend the money on a good firearms school.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

my response to this post has nothing to do with the posters post count or join date.... the OP has a specific question he is asking about specific sights... if he wanted to keep factory sights, this thread would not exist, therefore reccomending factory sights doesnt really add anything of any worth to this thread... i would have said what i said either way.
    overthehill guy... not once did i call out your knowledge of firearms, rather your ability to provide a meaningful post that assists the OP

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I run the Henie rear and Dawson FO front on my carry guns, with no ill effects for a couple of years. I do however check them often for signs of breakage and what not.

I also run the Dawson rear adjustable and front FO on my G34 Limited/minor gun, no issues with breakage this entire year of matches. I dont like this setup for anything except competition use, as the front sight is taller than normal to function with the rear adjustable and this cause it not to work on some open bottom holsters.

Top Bottom