• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I have made it pretty clear how I feel about Glocks...BUT, if the unsupported chamber is your only hang up you can get an aftermarket barrel like HICKMAN mentioned. I won't tell you not to worry about it like the glock guys, but there is a fix for it.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Glocks are AWESOME. Just remember to get the safety kit!!! :rockwoot: :yesway:

9541817c0b03b39a4296579a9fdb4ece.jpg

Welding-Gloves-370-.jpg

Culpepper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Indiana
    I would stay away from any 40 caliber Glock made after 2000. The model 22 especially. Several large departments, Indiana State Police being one of them,have turned in somewhere around 10,000 +/- Glock 22's. The pistols have either been replaced by another caliber and model or a different manufacture has been chosen. The departments below are the ones that I know of off hand:

Indiana State Police

Detroit PD

Milwaukee PD

Oklahoma City PD

Topeka KS PD

The newer Glock 22 has unexplained failure to feeds and malfunctions that are increased when a light is attached. Several "fixes" have been attempted, magazines, followers, recoil springs, and mag springs but they do not fix the malfunctions.

I am talking about guns that are used, not safe queens. If yours shoots with out a problem, consider yourself lucky.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I would stay away from any 40 caliber Glock made after 2000. The model 22 especially. Several large departments, Indiana State Police being one of them,have turned in somewhere around 10,000 +/- Glock 22's. The pistols have either been replaced by another caliber and model or a different manufacture has been chosen. The departments below are the ones that I know of off hand:

Indiana State Police

Detroit PD

Milwaukee PD

Oklahoma City PD

Topeka KS PD

The newer Glock 22 has unexplained failure to feeds and malfunctions that are increased when a light is attached. Several "fixes" have been attempted, magazines, followers, recoil springs, and mag springs but they do not fix the malfunctions.

I am talking about guns that are used, not safe queens. If yours shoots with out a problem, consider yourself lucky.
    Add Noblesville PD to that list

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Found a G24 for $678 but it's the compensated version. I'll keep looking for a non-compensated G24 or G35 for now. Thanks for all the advice. Great info here.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I'm looking at a 23 or 27. 27 seems to be best for me since I can CC it strong side or in a ankle rig, and I can't ankle carry a 23.

Only problem I have is money in my pocket and no OD 27s in stock close to me..but my preferred shop has a new 23 in OD calling my name....

You could always buy a black one and have the slide changed to OD green.

100_3724.jpg

Norrel's Moly-Resin OD Green finish, courtesy of Nash Gunwerx (Phylodog)!

Thousands of police officers and other armed professionals put millions of rounds of .40 through Glock pistols every year, without incident. The Glock 27 in particular is one of the most reliable, smallest and lightest .40 subcompacts that you can buy. It's my favorite Glock by far, and my carry pistol most of the time. I use only factory new ammo in it, and I trust my life to it. You'll rarely hear complaints about the 27, and most kabooms are attributable to faulty factory ammunition or a loose nut on the reloading press. :) Don't make me post pics of blown-up 1911s, Sigs, Berettas, HKs, XDs, etc......:):

It does appear that Gaston has his head up his ass recently, as problems have cropped up with some new batches of Glock 22 pistols issued to LE agencies. However, other agencies (IMPD) have taken delivery of hundreds of G22s recently, and have had nothing but the usual Glock reliability after extensive testing with and without tac lights attached. Go figure. One theory is that the frames coming off of some of Glock's new machinery were out of spec.

If these issues give you pause, get a 9mm Glock or go with another brand if you want .40. I have NEVER had a problem with my Glock 22 (thousands of rounds over the last several years) or any Glock 27 that I have ever owned. Indiana State Police still issues Glock, only the model 17 in 9mm. Whatever you think about the Glock .40s, nobody can argue about the durability and reliability of the Glock 9mm pistols.

As of 2008, the Glock 22 was still America's most popular police pistol. There are over 8,000,000 Glocks in service around the world. Any company can have a bad production run. Hopefully Glock will fix what wasn't broken in the first place, and the G22 will continue to serve as an excellent service handgun.

The Glock 22: America's best-selling police pistol | Guns Magazine | Find Articles at BNET

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Being a die hard Glock guy I heard a rumor that actually makes sense. On the C models or compensated ,if you will. The front sight gets so dirty you can't see the dot anymore. I don't have a G-24 or a G-35 so I don't know for sure. I know Hickman has a long slide Glock G-?. Maybe he will read this or you can P.M. him about it! :yesway:

I have a G35 with the ported slide. The barrel is neither compensated nor ported, but I have had no issues whatsoever with the sight becoming dirty. Compensated, or "C" models would elude to the barrel being ported and the slide having two holes, one on each side. This may lead to some sight blackening, but Glock claims that they are "V" patterned to eliminate this issue. The G35 comes standard with the open top or ported slide, but does not have a C class that I am aware of.

And does it do anything? Sure....it looks cool. :rockwoot:

And...as far as increasing the control during rapid fire, I think the barrel would need to be ported or compensated as well to make a noticeable difference, but if it causes you to "think" it has better control, then maybe it helps! Mind over matter!!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    since we're posting videos and all....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkZVqq0hVE8]YouTube - Dave Sevigny 09 USPSA A6 Field Of Steel II[/ame]

Glock Perfection... defined :rockwoot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Being a die hard Glock guy I heard a rumor that actually makes sense. On the C models or compensated ,if you will. The front sight gets so dirty you can't see the dot anymore. I don't have a G-24 or a G-35 so I don't know for sure. I know Hickman has a long slide Glock G-?. Maybe he will read this or you can P.M. him about it! :yesway:

Here is a Glock 19C with it's ported barrel and slide

2786267223_fa7fc2fb6b.jpg

I have a G34, which is not ported, but has a section in the top removed

dsc01457e.jpg

Sport69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Portage, IN
    I carry a Glock 22 on duty now and I must say that Glock is one of the most carried weapons carried in law enforcement today. I have never seen any problems first hand but just think about this. You might hear about more problems because there are more of them out there getting beat up everyday. Maybe you don't hear of many problems of others because there are not as many in use on the same level. I'm not saying that Glock is the best but I love mine. At my Academy our range master had a Glock 24 I believe it was and WOW he shot well within 1.5" groups with it!!!

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    You might hear about more problems because there are more of them out there getting beat up everyday. Maybe you don't hear of many problems of others because there are not as many in use on the same level.

There is another one of those glock mantras. Do you guys go to seminars or something.

Top Bottom