• ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    THINGS I LEARNED LIVING IN THE SOUTH...

A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.

You don't carry your children you tote em.

There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in the South.

There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in the South, plus a couple no one's seen before.

If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.

Onced and Twiced are words.

It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy!

Jawl-P? means, Did you all go to the bathroom?

People actually grow,eat and like okra.

Fixinto is one word. It means I'm going to do that.

There is no such thing as lunch. There is only dinner and then there's supper.

Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar. It is referred to as the Wine of the South.

Backwards and forwards means I know everything about you.

The word jeet is actually a question meaning, 'Did you eat?'

You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.

You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH em.

Ya'll is singular. All ya'll is plural.

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.

You carry jumper cables in your car - for your OWN car.

You only own five spices: salt, pepper, mustard, Tabasco and ketchup.

The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, the motor sports, and gossip.

You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.

You know what a hissy fit is.

Fried catfish is the other white meat.

We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive!!!

You understand these jokes and forward them to your Southern friends and those who just wish they were from the SOUTH.

This message and any attached documents contain information which may be confidential, subject to privilege or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. These materials are intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission you are hereby notified that any distribution, disclosure, printing, copying, storage, modification or the taking of any action in reliance upon this transmission is strictly prohibited. Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient shall not compromise or waive such confidentiality, privilege or exemption from disclosure as to this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the message from your system.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

The apostrophe is misplaced. Y'all is a contraction of "You all".

This is a common mistake among carpet baggers and other yamdankees.

Texas.gif

Blessings,
    Bill

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Didn't stay.

I am NOT a" DAMNED YANKEE"! (I returned to Indiana). I did however live in the South for about twelve years and they were starting to get concerned. :D

PS: And BTW, vinegar goes on your fries not ketchup!

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm waiting for (someone) to throw a hissy fit. I haven't seen one in a while.

Feel free to come over some time when something has really made me angry, I can throw the best "hissy fit" of anyone around.

There is one that's worse tho, it's a "Pissy fit", that means that not only are you angry, you're about to throw "road apples" (horse poopoo) at the person or object who caused you to have the fit in the first place. It also denotes the look on your horses face, just before it bites you. See, y'all learn somthin new every day! :D

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I am NOT a" DAMNED YANKEE"! (I returned to Indiana). I did however live in the South for about twelve years and they were starting to get concerned. :D

PS: And BTW, vinegar goes on your fries not ketchup!

No it doesn't, it goes on your fried catfish, tobasco sauce goes on your fries, and everything else on the table as well.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I will be back to open up a can on ya'll

(and yes, it is "Ya'll", not this "Y'all nonsense). In Bama, we don't refer to people a "you," we refer to them as "ya," hence the ya'll (ie ya all)

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    just for fun

We use some of them there words south of Seymour. It's called the "Hoosier Apex"
    :):
    Depending on region and dialect, "coke" means any soft drink, not necessarily that brand name. No such thing as "soda", "pop", or (worst of all) "soda pop".
    'Taters and 'maters (long 'a') are self-explanatory.

Andy Rooney once remarked that he hadn't realized before visiting that the proper name "Dan" could have two syllables.

Foxworthy nailed it with a few references such as ...
    Mayonnaise (pronounced măn-āz) : "Man 'az a lotta skeeters out here".
    Momanems: "Where y'all goin' for Thanksgiving?"
    "Over da Mom-'n'-'ems".

A woman from Tennessee (substitute MS, AL, or similar) is sitting next to a woman from New York on a flight. She askes the woman from NY, "So, where y'all from?"
    The woman from NY replies - condescendingly, "From a place where we know not to end a sentence with a preposition."
    The woman from TN thinks about it quietly for a moment, then says, "So, where y'all from, *****?" <b word>

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    In the world, a Yankee is an American. In the US, a Yankee is a northerner. In the north, a Yankee is a New Englander. In New England, a Yankee is from Maine. I don't know how the Mainers dodge the title.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    THINGS I LEARNED LIVING IN THE SOUTH...

A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.

You don't carry your children you tote em.

There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in the South.

There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in the South, plus a couple no one's seen before.

If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.

Onced and Twiced are words.

It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy!

Jawl-P? means, Did you all go to the bathroom?

People actually grow,eat and like okra.

Fixinto is one word. It means I'm going to do that.

There is no such thing as lunch. There is only dinner and then there's supper.

Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar. It is referred to as the Wine of the South.

Backwards and forwards means I know everything about you.

The word jeet is actually a question meaning, 'Did you eat?'

You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.

You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH em.

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.

You carry jumper cables in your car - for your OWN car.

You only own five spices: salt, pepper, mustard, Tabasco and ketchup.

The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, the motor sports, and gossip.

You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.

You know what a hissy fit is.

Fried catfish is the other white meat.

We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive!!!

You understand these jokes and forward them to your Southern friends and those who just wish they were from the SOUTH.

Yeah! What's yer point?:dunno:

Top Bottom