Things you do with your significant other that you don't tell your friends you enjoy

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I know, I know.....but that's not where I'm going with this....so get your mind out of the gutter:D Anyway, I know that sometimes (often against our wishes) significant others rope us into doing something they want to do....even if we don't have the slightest interest. This could be going to a musical, football game, dance lessons, watching a "chick flick", etc. One thing that I have found, is that sometimes you can grow to actually like something over time that was initially painful. Alot of times (guys especially), will keep these things a secret from their buddies, fearing getting poked fun of. Soooo...I want to here from you all about the things you find yourselves enjoying with your significant other, that let's say you wouldn't put on a user profile;).....I'll start....

I watch alot of hockey, football, and other sports. My wife is pretty tolerant of this, but wants to watch other stuff from time to time (understandably so).....so in comes Desperate Housewives....at first it was agonizing.....but now I will catch myself stopping on re-runs when I'm channel surfin'.:dunno:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I know, I know.....but that's not where I'm going with this....so get your mind out of the gutter:D Anyway, I know that sometimes (often against our wishes) significant others rope us into doing something they want to do....even if we don't have the slightest interest. This could be going to a musical, football game, dance lessons, watching a "chick flick", etc. One thing that I have found, is that sometimes you can grow to actually like something over time that was initially painful. Alot of times (guys especially), will keep these things a secret from their buddies, fearing getting poked fun of. Soooo...I want to here from you all about the things you find yourselves enjoying with your significant other, that let's say you wouldn't put on a user profile;).....I'll start....

I watch alot of hockey, football, and other sports. My wife is pretty tolerant of this, but wants to watch other stuff from time to time (understandably so).....so in comes Desperate Housewives....at first it was agonizing.....but now I will catch myself stopping on re-runs when I'm channel surfin'.:dunno:

Can't believe I'm doing this but...."chick flicks" the only reason..she cuddles up close to me. :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My wife LOVES loves LOVES watching The Biggest Loser. And So You Think You Can Dance. And Dancing With the Stars.

I can neither confirm nor deny that the above shows are growing on me.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    im gonna lose my man card for this,but id say shopping and to go a step further i dont mind shoe shopping,purse shopping (not for me of course)

Walk to your nearest buddy and turn it in, shopping is one thing....but purse and shoe shopping. Nope, nada, not happening.

Now I did walk into a Victoria's Secret store once with my wife about 8 years ago, got the elbow in the ribs because I was checking out the 18-20 year old hotties!
    Victorias-secret-embrace.JPG

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    mine keeps telling me lots of guys get pedicures and manicures but i guess im not lots of guys....
    i've goten manicures(probably need a pedicure 12-14hrs in a work boot everyday). when your hand is rough enough to do your wood finishing projects with no sand paper, you need one.
    you have to do some things she likes to stay together. just never tell anyone you enjoy them to.;)

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    We have several TV's....I just go down to the basement and watch what I want to watch. Or I spend a lot of time on INGO. In the warmer weather I am always outside or in the garage. I have cabin fever right now so even going to the grocery store sounds good.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I flip through those grocery store celebrity gossip rags with my wife when she gets them. Then I laugh at her when she gets personally upset that Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon broke up.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    i've goten manicures(probably need a pedicure 12-14hrs in a work boot everyday). when your hand is rough enough to do your wood finishing projects with no sand paper, you need one.
    you have to do some things she likes to stay together. just never tell anyone you enjoy them to.;)

:+1:

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Okay, I have to admit it.... just yesterday, my wife wanted to go shopping and I gladly went along with her. She wants a new 9mm so I agreed to go to a couple of gun stores;) She didn't find what she wanted so we will have to go again next weekend:yesway:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Perfect - I was waiting for a thread where I could tell the world that my husband got me hooked on Glee! I encourage taunting - so let Bubba know what you think about that. :)

But, in his defense, the only music we can ever agree to listen to is from musicals, and we're both pretty involved in community theatre.

Top Bottom