• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I was at a local gun show yesterday perusing the tables. I came up to a table and the dealer noticed my CZ t-shirt. He asked me if I was a "CZ guy" and I said that I am. He goes on to inform me that his EDC is a CZ Compact in .40 and how much he likes it. He pulls aside his shirt to show that he has it in an OWB on his right hip. I smiled and said that yes CZs are really fine guns. He tells me that the CZ Compact in .40 is quite valuable as it has been discontinued and I nodded and said yes for a compact in .40 you have to go with the P06, P07 or RAMI in .40. He then goes on to tell me about all of the feed problems he has with the gun and that he's lucky to shoot a couple of rounds without it misfeeding. I told him that although I have never had a Compact in .40 that I thought I had read on a CZ forum that there were fixes for these issues. He wrote down the forum address and I walked away. The question foremost in my mind was why in the world a person would carry a gun that he knows has feed issues, or any recurring issue for that matter? You might expect that from someone just getting into guns but a dealer at a gun show? I was dumbfounded.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    It obviously shows CZ people aren't right in the head. :cool: :ingo:

:nuts:

You guys should hear what we CZ nuts think about Glock guys. It has been well documented that CZ has had trouble with both .40S&W and polymer frames, the worst being poly framed .40s. Early P-07s, Poly RAMIs and some .40 S&W steel framed guns are ones I would avoid. New ones from what I hear have been corrected and fixes for the older one (with the exception of the RAMI P which was discontinued) are available. Their 9mm pistols are some of the best in the world however.

Anyway I have never heard of anyone knowing a gun has issues and still carrying it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Birds you are making the assumption that people selling guns at a gun show are by default knowledgeable about using guns for self defense. Gun owners come in every shape and size. There are gun owners and shooters, and no they are not always the same. I also know avid shooters or sportsman that do not agree with carrying a defensive sidearm.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Birds you are making the assumption that people selling guns at a gun show are by default knowledgeable about using guns for self defense. Gun owners come in every shape and size. There are gun owners and shooters, and no they are not always the same. I also know avid shooters or sportsman that do not agree with carrying a defensive sidearm.

Guilty as charged. I guess I assumed if you carried it you would want it to work. Silly me.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

Who would expect a guy carrying a gun for self defense to know anything about it.........:dunno:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    why in the world a person would carry a gun that he knows has feed issues, or any recurring issue for that matter?

It's a metal framed gun, right? So it makes a decent club. Or you could throw it at somebody really, really hard.:dunno:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    :nuts:

You guys should hear what we CZ nuts think about Glock guys. ... trouble with both .40S&W and polymer frames, the worst being poly framed ...

I wouldn't have any plastic guns - not even ones which say Che Zet on them. God made the vz.82 and then he rested.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It has been well documented that CZ has had trouble with both .40S&W and polymer frames, the worst being poly framed .40s.

That's odd. I don't have a CZ, and I had not heard of the aforementioned problems.
    I do have a CZ clone though, and it's chambered in .40S&W. It is a steel framed, full-size IWI "Baby Eagle" and I've not had the first issue with feeding problems.

The only problem I have is keeping enough ammo to keep it fed.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    I was at a local gun show yesterday perusing the tables. I came up to a table and the dealer noticed my CZ t-shirt. He asked me if I was a "CZ guy" and I said that I am. He goes on to inform me that his EDC is a CZ Compact in .40 and how much he likes it. He pulls aside his shirt to show that he has it in an OWB on his right hip. I smiled and said that yes CZs are really fine guns. He tells me that the CZ Compact in .40 is quite valuable as it has been discontinued and I nodded and said yes for a compact in .40 you have to go with the P06, P07 or RAMI in .40. He then goes on to tell me about all of the feed problems he has with the gun and that he's lucky to shoot a couple of rounds without it misfeeding. I told him that although I have never had a Compact in .40 that I thought I had read on a CZ forum that there were fixes for these issues. He wrote down the forum address and I walked away. The question foremost in my mind was why in the world a person would carry a gun that he knows has feed issues, or any recurring issue for that matter? You might expect that from someone just getting into guns but a dealer at a gun show? I was dumbfounded.

You had me at "his EDC is a CZ Compact in .40 and how much he likes it", and then it got worse.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom