• JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Simple observations from the JetHangar.

• Pull tabs
      Instead of getting out a can opener and turning the crank forever, or fighting with an electric one that doesn't stay in place, manufactures gave us the pull tab lid...which is awesome until the pull ring breaks off. Then you have to go get the can opener. (Or pliers)

• Safety foil seals
      For protection and insurance against tampering, companies have given us bottles of medicine, lids of yogurt, coffee creamers, and a plethora of safe-from-corruption items and provided handy little extensions of the foil to grab...until the foil tabs rip off. Time to get something sharp to stab the foil with. If you screw up and stab yourself, you're really gonna need those pain-relievers anyhow.

• Automatic sliding doors
      Hands full? Pushing a cart while carrying a kid and holding another kid's hand?
      No problem! Automagically opening door is here to help you! Until it's stuck.

• Electronic calendars
      With the convenience of all things digital comes the ever handy electronic calendar! No more little crumpled pocket calendars. No more desk top versions that get smeared with ink and Thursday's Chinese lunch. No more keeping track in a little spiral notebook. Just enter all your appointments, birthdays, special events, and super important reminders into your electronic best friend's memory bank! And wait for it to show blank when you open it sometime soon.

• Clicky pens
      Ahh...the clicky pen. More better-er than the capped version. Super more better-er than the lost-cap version. The comforting clickity sound that proclaims "Open!"..."Closed!"..."OPEN!"..."CLOSED!"...
      Until the clickity part gets stuck. If it gets stuck in "Open", you're gonna leak ink everywhere at some point when you forget it's open and stick it in your pocket. If it's stuck closed, you're gonna need an engineering degree to make it work.

What else you got?

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Smartphones- Small enough to fit in your pocket, yet packed with powerful processors, billions of bits of storage capacity, the ability to communicate with anyone, anywhere in the world, and access any information known to humanity, instantly... yet we use them to "like' pictures of kittens.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Remote controls for the stereo or tv. Because the batteries will always die and newer tvs have the tiniest little sensors to change the channel or volume.

Window blinds. To many reasons to list.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Stop lights. When they don't work it seems the majority of drivers suddenly don't know how to do a four way stop.

Oh wait. They don't. :rofl:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Stop lights. When they don't work it seems the majority of drivers suddenly don't know how to do a four way stop.

Oh wait. They don't. :rofl:
    People just don't know what stop means, or the white lines, flashing red lights...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, I was going to say water heater; ours went out last month. Cold (!) shower for you. Glad I could fix it without replacing it entirely. Right next to the water heater is the freezer, the pertinent failure being a son that doesn't know how to close the door. Nasty and expensive!

I've been having a heck of a time with car batteries lately, but that's not as bad as the brakes. Think I'd rather not be able to get moving than not be able to stop moving.

Printers. Printers are designed more to create stress and revenue from ink sales and repair charges than to put images on paper. Really? I need cyan for a black and white print?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Ok a serious answer:

GPS's, for many people. I personally don't have one, I prefer old fashioned maps, but I know quite a few people that can't seem to drive around the block without one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Smartphones- Small enough to fit in your pocket, yet packed with powerful processors, billions of bits of storage capacity, the ability to communicate with anyone, anywhere in the world, and access any information known to humanity, instantly... yet we use them to "like' pictures of kittens.

We also tend to put our entire lives in these portable pieces as in phone info/dates/personal info and when they land in the toilet all this info is flushed (pun intended) and most do not hard copy back up.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Dawson_Crying.gif

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members