• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    While I was last at home my parents discussed an automatic ak-47 that was brought to a previous Thanksgiving skeet shoot. The gun in question was a semiautomatic AR-15. Their interest in learning was non existent.

People everywhere are referring to black rifles as ak's.
    Plastic Gun Sets Off Scare At Texas A&M on Day Of Bush Visit : The Two-Way : NPR

They are probably using this hand dandy firearm identification guide.

journalistguide.jpg

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'll admit, when I was 6, I thought that an RPG was an AK-47 because the terrorists in Back to the Future used both an AK, and an RPG, and my brother said "they're using an AK-47!" and I though he meant the RPG.... I learned later though.

But yeah, people in the media don't care about reporting truth, they care about getting ratings and promoting their agenda.

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    Then there's a commercial every 2 minutes. When I watched tv back when, commercials in a half hour show were in the beginning, the middle, and the end.
    LOL Yes, so long that you forgot what it was you were watching.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Try NO tv for about 3 years like I have and study the people & community around you, you start to feel like Donald Sutherland in Invasion of the body snatchers, it is spooky like everyone is wearing blinders and following the carrot on a string, and of course when talking to them you get the deer in headlights look or attacked once they realize you are not in lockstep.

Try no tv for 22 years. It's like there's this entire different world out there that people all live vicariously in.

Every now and then I'll be at someone's house and when the latest show comes on, I can't understand it at all. Then there's a commercial every 2 minutes. When I watched tv back when, commercials in a half hour show were in the beginning, the middle, and the end.

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    Happens with firearms related shows too. Spike has Self-Defense programs on weekend mornings. On one show they were testing bullet resistant material. They were using what was clearly a SKS but kept calling it an AK-47. I ended up changing the channel.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'll admit, when I was 6, I thought that an RPG was an AK-47 because the terrorists in Back to the Future used both an AK, and an RPG, and my brother said "they're using an AK-47!" and I though he meant the RPG.... I learned later though.

But yeah, people in the media don't care about reporting truth, they care about getting ratings and promoting their agenda.

Back to the Future is so full of misinformation...they also show that AK jamming....lies I tell you, LIES!! AKs never jam!! :D

Top Bottom