Theaters….What not to do, unless you're idiots.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Good experience...

So a couple of rows down from me some kid (25+ year old) got a text in the middle of the movie. He bent over, covered the screen with his hands and was very discrete in checking it. Put the phone back in his pocket and went back to watching the movie. It was refreshing to see someone being considerate. I'll assume it was from the babysitter although I don't really care as he handled it correctly for my grumpy old man preferences.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Last movie I went to, yes, there was a woman in the prime seats. We sat one one row up and two seats LEFT as not to be in front.

Take time and think about how you affect others. Maybe it's me and my always-analyzing mindset. My wife may not have thought about it.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I think behavior like this depends on the person. Growing up I was more of an introvert. I didn't mind engaging people, but I usually kept to myself until I got older. While I'm much more likely to engage people today, in this situation I would have choosen to avoid your area. The reason is because a movie theater isn't a place of socialization, it is where people will be quite, so there would be no reason to sit near anyone. I think there are some people whose brains work differently. They might actually think sitting alone is odd, thus they gravitate to where others are. Some people might not be good at making such simple choices, and maybe this guy's thought process was to defer to you on where to sit.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    34449330.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Maybe take a shower and use some deodorant before you go out to the theatre is too much to ask?

Nothing like smelling BO and ass for 2 hours in a pack theatre. Have some measure of class. If I can taste your funk over my popcorn there is a problem.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    So the wife, my 2 sons, my dad and I went to see Independence Day on the 4th of July this past Monday. We walked in and saw that some couple had picked the best seats in the house…..you know for best viewing and best sound quality…..So we decided to sit in front of them……. even though I didn’t think it was fair that they got the best seats in the house. But they paid the same price as us and got there a few minutes earlier.
    Once we sat down, they decided to get up and move one row back……can you believe the nerve of people…….picking the most optimal seating….which made my family sit in the not so optimal seating……and then just get up and move back a row.
    I know it’s a free country and they were entitled to sit anywhere…..but are you kidding me. My wife kept saying how can anyone be that rude? I said they aren't rude, they are just that stupid for making us sit in bad seating and then giving up the best seats in the house!!!! Can’t really blame the lady, but what an idiot guy for giving up those seats… No wonder our country is going down the toilet…..LOL.

Anyone top this?

straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    So wife and I went to see Indepndence Day on the 4th of July. [...] Thats when Dad, about 45 and his wife, 2 teen sons and a older gentlemen cam in, and the Dad leading the pack walked past us and then in, sitting the entire family in front of us.

The only way you would have been luckier is if the local professional basketball team sat in front of you, instead.

What I would have given for that to happen.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    heck, this is the internet right?

i would just spill my drink directly on them and then throat punch them if they got too close to me.

We could just garrote them a little until they slouch down and we can see.

The guy in front of them may even help some by punching the bloke for kicking his chair.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Maybe take a shower and use some deodorant before you go out to the theatre is too much to ask?

Nothing like smelling BO and ass for 2 hours in a pack theatre. Have some measure of class. If I can taste your funk over my popcorn there is a problem.

The problem being there's not enough butter on your popcorn to mask the musk.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    So wife and I went to see Indepndence Day on the 4th of July……we were the only ones in there!! Told the wife not to worry, just before movie starts someone will come in and set right in front of us…..LOL. We were about 5 rows down and and in 3 seats…..the only other people to come in was about 5 minutes later……2 teens said, hey look there are only 2 other people in here." Thats when Dad, about 45 and his wife, 2 teen sons and a older gentlemen cam in, and the Dad leading the pack walked past us and then in, sitting the entire family in front of us. My wife was almost speechless. You can't make this up, they sat right in front of us…….the entire theater and they pick the row and seats in front of us!!!!! We thought about moving in front of them and leaning back with our arms behind our head……..but we got up and moved back one row……I know its a free country and they were entitled to sit anywhere…..but are you kidding me. My wife kept saying how can anyone be that rude? I said they aren't rude, they are just that stupid !!!! Can't blame the teens or older guy, but what a idiot dad. No wonder our country is going down the toilet…..LOL.

Anyone top this?

I assume this was in a stadium seating style auditorium? Then why did it matter where they sat?

TheHive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    We have been to Huntington Drive in three times this year so far arriving early picking the perfect spot and had people in trucks drive after the movies started pull in headlights on facing
    backwards and shining the headlight right into our car for like 8min then they get our and the courtesy likes came one again for 2min at a time. next time we are taking the f250 so we can get above most of the mess.

Top Bottom