• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    And back to the title of this thread.....lets examine the man and what he stood for..

Dr. Kevorkian’s Wrong Way - New York Times

Dr. Kevorkian first drew national attention in 1990 when he hooked up a 54-year-old Alzheimer’s patient to his homemade suicide machine and watched as she pushed a button to release lethal drugs.
    Alzheimer's are you kidding me? I know it is a terrible disease but how can one be of sound mind in this case?

What tripped him up was his ego and a limitless appetite for publicity. In a procedure that was taped to be shown later on national television, he gave the lethal injections to a 52-year-old man with Lou Gehrig’s disease — thereby moving beyond assisted suicide to euthanasia.
    So he DID commit murder and not just give an assist.....hence why her served time in the pen. Great Humanitarian?

The fundamental flaw in Dr. Kevorkian’s crusade was his cavalier, indeed reckless, approach. He was happy to hook up patients without long-term knowledge of their cases or any corroborating medical judgment that they were terminally ill or suffering beyond hope of relief with aggressive palliative care. This was hardly “doing it right” as Dr. Kevorkian likes to believe.

Fletch, since you started this thread and with its title, I find it strange that you have failed to comment on this.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Fletch, since you started this thread and with its title, I find it strange that you have failed to comment on this.
    *shrug* I allow people their human failings. Dr. Kevorkian was by no means perfect, but out of all the interviews I've read/listened to, I am convinced that compassion was his overriding motive. Sure, he became enamored of his own spectacle. I said as much in my second post in this thread. I don't expect people to be perfect, and I forgive them when they fall short. I'm not going to sit here and belabor a person's mistakes... that's more of a Baptist thing, and I've moved on from that denomination.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    *shrug* I allow people their human failings. Dr. Kevorkian was by no means perfect, but out of all the interviews I've read/listened to, I am convinced that compassion was his overriding motive. Sure, he became enamored of his own spectacle. I said as much in my second post in this thread. I don't expect people to be perfect, and I forgive them when they fall short. I'm not going to sit here and belabor a person's mistakes... that's more of a Baptist thing, and I've moved on from that denomination.

Fair enough, thank you. I can not fault your answer. I might not agree with you but I feel it was an honest one.

Thanks.

Top Bottom