• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I like "tactical". For me, an evil black gun enthusiast, I prefer the "tactical" look to the traditional look or the cowboy look. It is just a description and does not alway equate to being overpriced.

Tactical description helps me weed out all the chromed out, fancy wood grip $2000 1911's and target quality rifles/handguns that I have no interest in. Luck for me the all black guns are usually the cheapest and I now how to take a wood furniture gun and turn it into my preferred tactical look for cheap.

Tactical has nothing to do with the appearance of something. It has to do with actual tactics. It's just a ploy to get the Mall Ninajs to wet themselves.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    all im trying to do is make people around me sound more intelligent. does that make me an *******? the answer is probably.
    Yeah, I would probably say yes - any language is developed to convey information. If the person writes something that is not ambiguous and conveys the information he/she is trying to convey - it is fine with me.

Everyone has dislikes, probably MY pet peeve is those that try to correct others when they information they conveyed (even though not in the correct wording) is perfectly clear to anyone of average intelligence. Who else but you cares?? I'm quite sure You have habits, mannerisms, modes of dress etc. that annoy others - as I am sure I do. Should others' comment on them and try to have us change to conform to their vision??

As far as calling a removable Magazine a clip - what in the hell difference does it make. Anyone that uses a statement that said "they replaced a clip" does convey the meaning that it was a replaceable Magazine to me. Of course I was trained in firearms by my BIL in the late 40's and 50's - he called the 45 Magazine a clip. Since he had just returned from Normandy with a 30 caliber bullet between his spine and heart, and had a Purple heart, Silver Star and 2 Bronze stars, I don't think I (or anyone else) had a right to tell him "You don't know what your talking about - ITS a MAGAZINE". DUH

Top Bottom