Tactical cake.

kid_birthday_cake_ideas_01.jpg

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I was under the impression that the word Tactical referred to the reasoning you use to convince the wife that you need another gun..........maybe not.:cool:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    "tactical" is a term marketers use to give orgasms to those guys that may or may not have taken a couple classes, shoot targets on their days off, talk incessantly about how they would handle an intruder, or mugger, or any other mope on internet forums, and buy up any military surplus gear they can find so that they can impress their wives, buddies, or pets with how...wait for it..."tactical"...they are. they also may or may not post numerous youtube videos of them being "tactical", or telling you how to be "tactical".

on that note, i love the **** out of my tactical shotgun.
    wait a minute....

Why are were here again?

:dunno:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Well then, here you go.

FM-7-8_cover.jpg

:D
    od green/black/coyote/fde/foliage green? check.
    used by recon/seals/rangers/green berets? check.
    over 6 feet of picatinny rail space? ooohhh, sorry. this fm is not tactical.

Last edited:

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I agree with the OP, but the proper term is "Tacti-Cool" nowadays, "tactical" is so 2009, even 2008. But seriously, I do like Tacti-Cool stuff, don't have much of it, as I really don't have any need what so ever for much of any of it. When I do read "tactical", as mentioned before, I expect OD or Black, or more so lately is the Coyote (even thought I don't live in the desert). I also expect some pockets and places to fasten other items. I HOPE for quality build, but do expect it to have more options for method of use than I could ever need.

I think my Mossburg qualifies as Tacti-Cool but it's function first and foremost. 6" rail on top with a 42mm red/green dot (a cheapo but work great for trap), the infamous "Barrel Shroud" (You know, the thing that goes up) and a Blackhawk 7 position stock (was a 6 until I chopped it up and took about and inch and a half of the OAL). Then it came with a foregrip that doesn't fit the 500Cs, and even farther from fitting with "the thing that goes up" so I Tacti-Cooly modded it. Then I have this god awful sling I got for it to take to the 2A walk. Horrid, horrid fitting sling. It is NOT Tacti-cool. Also the most tactical of Tacti-Cool is the pump release lever that I made out of some scrap metal I had laying around. It's Tacti-Coolist because the pistol grip stock makes the release button out of reach without changing grip, my handy lever allows the for "Tacti" in Tact-Cool Blackhawk stock (which I feel the failed on the lever thing). Once I get a bayonet for it Ultra Mega Super Tacti-Cool! And just wanted to say Tacti-Cool one more time so here goes "Tacti-Cool".

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    I think they use Tactical instead of Strategic..

charlst.jpg

Since most of us can only afford tactical weapons, not the really cool strategic ones. :D

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Tactical is kind of a catch-all out of laziness. I'm not saying it isn't accurate much of the time, but still...lazy.

Like a shake-light. Doesn't need batteries, yes. Steathy, no. Camoflagued, no. Weapon mounted mount included, no.
    Hell, lets just say its "not tactical".

.....which it isn't.

Michiganmilitia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Since we are talking about tactical stuff...two points I want to make with this video.

1. How stupid the mark up is on tactical, assault, commando, Scarface, gun in stores.

2. How stupid assault rifle ban was/could be in the future if it ever comes back again (rumor has it Obama wants to enact it again). I show this video to people who freak out about assault rifles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STeyS6LYIx4&feature=related

Last edited:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    If the word tactical hadn't become so homogenized and novel I wouldnt be able to find my tactical toilet paper, tactical tie clips, tactical bacon or tactical condoms.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There was a thread on here a month or so back that suggested we swap 'assault' for 'tactictal' when talking about our rifles to the non-shooting public. I agree that the word tactical has lost most meaning outside of marketing, so, maybe we can co-opt it for use to dumb down the conversation to a level that even a liberal can understand.

On second thought, I like replacing 'assault' with 'personal defense'. It rings much more true to say I have a personal defense rifle than to say I have a tactical rifle.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I like "tactical". For me, an evil black gun enthusiast, I prefer the "tactical" look to the traditional look or the cowboy look. It is just a description and does not alway equate to being overpriced.

Tactical description helps me weed out all the chromed out, fancy wood grip $2000 1911's and target quality rifles/handguns that I have no interest in. Luck for me the all black guns are usually the cheapest and I now how to take a wood furniture gun and turn it into my preferred tactical look for cheap.

Top Bottom