• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    What does everyone perceive as Tactical. You always see tactical .22. Or Tactical shotgun. Or Tactical AR. You go on websites, and everything says Tactical in front of it. To me personally Tactical has to with actual tactics. Not what scope, sling, etc. you have on your weapon. Tactics depend on the situation. As civilians We are not clearing buildings, flanking enemy positions, or taking out enemy strong holds. We are protecting ourselves, our property, and or families. Now before a flame war erupts. I'm all for people equipping themselves and their weapons. With whatever gear they want, like, or see fit to have. I just do not understand why the word Tactical has to be associated with a lot of gear, clothing, and accessories, etc.! Again just wanting other peoples point of view on the subject!

Tripwire25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Its meant to imply the weapon or equipment is designed or modified to make it easier to employ such tactics. However the term is highly over used and used to sell B.S. more than define its type. I hate hearing it to be quite honest with ya. :):

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    "tactical" is a term marketers use to give orgasms to those guys that may or may not have taken a couple classes, shoot targets on their days off, talk incessantly about how they would handle an intruder, or mugger, or any other mope on internet forums, and buy up any military surplus gear they can find so that they can impress their wives, buddies, or pets with how...wait for it..."tactical"...they are. they also may or may not post numerous youtube videos of them being "tactical", or telling you how to be "tactical".

on that note, i love the **** out of my tactical shotgun.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    PC_INGO.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Its meant to imply the weapon or equipment is designed or modified to make it easier to employ such tactics. However the term is highly over used and used to sell B.S. more than define its type. I hate hearing it to be quite honest with ya. :):

I agree with you. Like when people call a .22 tactical. Because it has a pistol grip stock, scope, and a threaded barrel. Or you will see two of the same rifle. Lets say a varmint model .223 bolt action. One will have a non mil-dot scope, and factory stock. It's not called Tactical though. Take the same rifle. Add a mil-dot scope, change the stock, and add some scope covers. Then all of a sudden it's a Tactical rifle. I have seen products that where called Tactical. They where over priced, and they where junk. I just recently ordered a bonnie cover, for long days spent in the sun. The one I liked said Tactical. It's like what is so Tactical about a hat. Like it's going to give me super Rambo ninja skills! :ar15:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    It helps to be morbidly obese and out of breath when making these tactical youtube video's. It's important to have tactical body fat to live off of in a famine.

<---- you may notice my tactical turtle neck sweater and wool pants...you can't pick them up on night vision, thermal vision, or any sort of vision for that matter. I'll sell em to you for $7,000.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    "tactical" is a term marketers use to give orgasms to those guys that may or may not have taken a couple classes, shoot targets on their days off, talk incessantly about how they would handle an intruder, or mugger, or any other mope on internet forums, and buy up any military surplus gear they can find so that they can impress their wives, buddies, or pets with how...wait for it..."tactical"...they are. they also may or may not post numerous youtube videos of them being "tactical", or telling you how to be "tactical".

I bought some Tactical underwear. It has a self contained GPS system. That is linked to my special GPS guided ammunition. It has an invisible self targeting laser. That can detect targets 360 degrees. So I can just pull the trigger, and I'm on target. It's Tactical because you have no idea I have them. You just think I have on some regular old boxers, or some tighty whities. Then blam I go super Tactical ninja! Game over!

gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend

lol I knew you would weigh in on this topic. How? You my friend have a certain set of buzz words or topics that **** you off. A few examples:

Clip (When used in sentences like, "So I changed clips.")
    Assault (i.e. Assault rifle)
    Indiana Concealed Carry Permit (Huh? What? Never heard of one of those, how do you get one?)

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I bought some Tactical underwear. It has a self contained GPS system. That is linked to my special GPS guided ammunition. It has an invisible self targeting laser. That can detect targets 360 degrees. So I can just pull the trigger, and I'm on target. It's Tactical because you have no idea I have them. You just think I have on some regular old boxers, or some tighty whities. Then blam I go super Tactical ninja! Game over!
    i really wouldnt mind if you never talked about your tighty whities again. seriously.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    lol I knew you would weigh in on this topic. How? You my friend have a certain set of buzz words or topics that **** you off. A few examples:

Clip (When used in sentences like, "So I changed clips.")
    Assault (i.e. Assault rifle)
    Indiana Concealed Carry Permit (Huh? What? Never heard of one of those, how do you get one?)
    all im trying to do is make people around me sound more intelligent. does that make me an *******? the answer is probably.

gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    all im trying to do is make people around me sound more intelligent. does that make me an *******? the answer is probably.

I'm not sure if it makes you an *******, but I just feel for poor Oezer whenever you correct him. You know he really seeks your approval and when you destroy his words without even looking up from what you are doing, well I think it just kills him a little inside.

Oh and to keep this relevant to the topic...I agree "tactical" is crap and we should all just admit it and start calling it tacticool!

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I'm not sure if it makes you an *******, but I just feel for poor Oezer whenever you correct him. You know he really seeks your approval and when you destroy his words without even looking up from what you are doing, well I think it just kills him a little inside.
    if he doesnt like it the simple solution would be to stop talking like a moron. hell get over it someday.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    THE WORD: TACTICAL, dun dun dun

I use it as a selling tool. because it works great!!! and i laugh all the way to the safe :)

when you assign that word to something it just makes the product stand out. MOST People who are real world SERIOUS trigger pullers, dont buy gear off the forums because of what its called, unless its a specialty piece. In that line of work, You call up companies directly and already know a guy who knows what you like and then you give them your card number and you get the gear you know will work in the mail. you dont even ask how much it cost, because cost doesnt matter when it does the job. The word tactical is a word that applies to gear where the customer always ask... how much. Im not being rude, just honest. Id say that the majority of people who buy gear at gun shows, will never use it but maybe a couple times on the range or infront of the mirror. but thats fine with me. if they buy it, they can do whatever they want to do with it. and i dont think any less of them for it.
    remember, rag tag farmers, clerks, merchants, factory workers, etc.... are the ones who defeated the most powerful empire and military in the world since the roman empire, and they secured the freedoms we enjoy today. Its not the gear or financial statements, that make a man, a man. its whats inside. you never know when that "guy" at a show who buys "tactical gear" might have to use it to deffend his or someone elses life. I just try to always be honest with people and ask what they need the gear to do. and if they are buying too much of what they dont need then i will at least tell them i dont recomend it. if they buy it anyways then at least i did what i could do to be honest as a seller.

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    i really wouldnt mind if you never talked about your tighty whities again. seriously.

I won't talk about mine, because I don't wear underwear. I don't want anything confined, everything needs to be free for action at anytime. You don't want to know where the GPS, it smarts a little. A black sharpie keeps everything the right color. I have a tactical Mr. Happy. Should charge extra for it.

Top Bottom