• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's a line from one of my favorite movies, Last of the Mohicans. It's poignant because I think there isn't a period in time where someone somewhere couldn't have said that.

But of late, I feel like it's becoming ever more applicable. And here's today's contribution: My Way News - NKorea vows to cancel Korean War cease-fire

Innocuous on the surface, but what will history say of it years down the road?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The danger is more that other countries may perceive us as being busy dealing with NK.
    Maybe China decides to "reunite" with Taiwan.
    Then Pres doesn't want to look weak on defense, and sends a fleet over.
    Then South America erupts.
    etc.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Is there some reason a country (S Korea) with twice the population and 20 times the GDP, can't defend themselves from these lunatics?

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Is there some reason a country (S Korea) with twice the population and 20 times the GDP, can't defend themselves from these lunatics?

There's not much you can do with a rabid dog aside from kill it. Not everyone's up to the job of killing, so they're reduced to pacing and hand-wringing.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    One of my all time favorite movies as well. I have walked some of the ground in NC where they filmed some of the mountain / trail scenes. It's at Chimney Rock and the Lake Lure area if you're interested. Absolutely gorgeous.

Strangely enough, I really didn't care for the book. That's a definite departure for me.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It wouldn't just be South versus North. You'd have China, the US, NATO, and maybe even Russia jumping in the fray.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012

S. Korea hasn't spent every penny they have on their military even at the cost of the health of their population like N. Korea has... Also, S. Korea doesn't have China supporting them and bankrolling their exploits...

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    S. Korea hasn't spent every penny they have on their military even at the cost of the health of their population like N. Korea has... Also, S. Korea doesn't have China supporting them and bankrolling their exploits...

So the US should be responsible for their defense then?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Let's start with a different question: what part of my post made you think this was about South Korea needing help?

Sorry. Not in the mood to play games with you. I made a legitimate comment in your post and asked a legitimate question. No need to get butthurt.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom