• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The fact that there is a game called "cornhole."

I just can't help but giggle when people start talking about it... with straight faces.

Maybe I'm just really, really tired LOL.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Indiana is the only place I've ever been where "cornhole" doesn't refer to something unprintable.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    not everyone grew up watching MTV and bevis and butthead.

Hell when that came out most people in the state didnt even have cable TV, a Satelite dish was about 6' across.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    From WIKI
    The true history of the game is mostly unknown,[5] though stories abound. One story claims that the game was first played during the 14th century in Germany, then rediscovered in Kentucky within the last century.[5] Despite debate about whether the game was actually created in the Kentucky farmland, Champaign, IL or the West Side of Cincinnati,[6] some sources credit the invention to western Cincinnati,[7] but by whom or when is unknown. Popularity of the game began to increase in the late 1990's in Cincinnati area universities, particularly Miami University where cornhole became a mainstay at parties and as a casual drinking game. Helped along by the advent of commercial cornhole bags and boards under the trademark Baggo, cornhole is now a popular game in and around the Midwest and Rust Belt states.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Just remember, too much cornhole causes this:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yW_sIKBfIk&feature=related]YouTube - Beavis and Butthead vaya cornholio[/ame]

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I didn't learn about "cornhole" until I was in college. Seriously.

And I'm a native and life-long Hoosier.

In college, in Evansville, a big game that folks would play on campus was "washers", which is just like cornhole. But, get this: They throw large washers instead of bean bags. Original, ain't it?!?!

Something else strange you'll notice in Indiana: The fact that there's still a good percentage of nice and respectful people here. Example: My grandmother passed away on June 2nd this year (*sniff*). During her funeral procession from Crawfordsville to Shannondale, people actually pulled off the road and waited for the procession to pass. These were folks in the on-coming lanes of SR 32. Was told that even one guy removed his hat.

Some of my aunt's friends, who all live in the far NW 'burbs of Chicago, couldn't believe it.

Indiana is definitely changing, and maybe not for the better, but it's not gone yet.

-J-

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I can remember going to a small campground outside of Milford,IL back in the late 70's, where the game was played with washers thrown at coffee cans buried in the ground. Sometime in the mid 80's, I saw the boards come in to play at the "world famous" Earl Park Fall Festival. ( or as it's known around here, the Fall Down festival) Still played with washers. Never really saw the bean bags, or heard it called "cornhole" until about 6 years ago. On a side note, ever tried to explain Euchre to a non Hoosier?

Top Bottom