• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't know that he could beat her...but he never funded her campaigns.

With Cruz as the candidate, republicans could at least ATTEMPT to go on the offensive against Clinton, instead of constantly playing damage control over the idiotic things spewing out of the candidate's mouth.

Doesn't matter now...you guys are just dead-set on another Clinton Presidency.

Being a bunch of slobbering apologetic losers is not how you win elections. That's bargaining from a place of weakness.

They need to go on the offensive regardless. Playing damage control to placate individuals who irrationally scream racist at anything they disagree with is a losing battle.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So, is 45% the highest ever?

4f552eedcd57121c24bba5ba273b2151.png

14 million votes is the highest ever.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    vote totals get people elected, not percentages

Repub primary votes up massively, Democrat down significantly. I wonder if that worries Hillary

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    vote totals get people elected, not percentages

Repub primary votes up massively, Democrat down significantly. I wonder if that worries Hillary

The electoral college gets people elected. The Democrats are not worried, they are planning the next eight years...all thanks to a reality TV "personality".

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The electoral college gets people elected. The Democrats are not worried, they are planning the next eight years...all thanks to a reality TV "personality".

Tell me how Cruz would have won the election when every single poll shows he would have only given hillary the white house with his nomination?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's funny you think Ted Cruz is my guy, but...whatever.

I don't know that he could beat Clinton. His religious pandering would be a detriment in the general, same reason I had a distaste for him.

Perhaps it's time to give a secular conservative a try? Someone more like Mitch Daniels and less like Fozzie Bear?

The republicans are a national joke...what makes a person electable at a partisan level make that same person absolutely unelectable in a national race.

I'm not saying Ted Cruz was the guy that was going to beat Hillary...I dont think that guy ran!

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I stood at the voting machine in May not knowing who I would vote for Trump or Cruz. I decided to vote for Trump because I wanted the primary over, I didn't see any way Cruz could win even though I liked him. I am thankful I didn't waste my vote on him.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's funny you think Ted Cruz is my guy, but...whatever.

I don't know that he could beat Clinton. His religious pandering would be a detriment in the general, same reason I had a distaste for him.

Perhaps it's time to give a secular conservative a try? Someone more like Mitch Daniels and less like Fozzie Bear?

The republicans are a national joke...what makes a person electable at a partisan level make that same person absolutely unelectable in a national race.

I'm not saying Ted Cruz was the guy that was going to beat Hillary...I dont think that guy ran!

So why are you complaining about people supporting Trump if your horse wasn't even in the race?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Yes, and how are those electoral votes decided? Percentages or vote totals?

Democrats are terrified actually.

Trump ran for the nomination but he only voted once. Blame the voters and blame Mitch McConnel/Paul Ryan/John Boehner for republics being pissed at inside politics people and making room for Trump.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So why are you complaining about people supporting Trump if your horse wasn't even in the race?

Because I don't want Hillary!!!

The republicans nominated a life-long financial supporter of the Clintons to run agaist her. You have literally given us the choice between a Hillary Clinton supporter, and Hillary Clinton herself!

Seriously. Field a candidate that is worth a damn, and you might win a national election once in a while!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    This thread is losing its entertainment value. I'd appreciate it if you could all step it up a notch, please.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yup, and I'm not a democrat, either.

You, however, shoulder responsibility for foisting a Clinton SUPPORTER on the country as "opposition" to an ACTUAL CLINTON.

Enjoy your hollow victory. We all get to face the reckoning you've brought upon us next January.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Because I don't want Hillary!!!

The republicans nominated a life-long financial supporter of the Clintons to run agaist her. You have literally given us the choice between a Hillary Clinton supporter, and Hillary Clinton herself!

Seriously. Field a candidate that is worth a damn, and you might win a national election once in a while!

How much has Trump donated to the clinton foundation and how many times has he donated?

You mean he gave New York political heads money while he was building and operating businesses in New York?

Or do you mean he has stuck a silver spoon in her mouth, as your statement implies? Because if you mean the latter, you owe it to the people of this forum to qualify that statement. Otherwise drop the "life-long" lie.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Definitely glad I didn't back cruz after he showed his ass tonight. Didn't think I would ever back trump originally, but i did a few months ago and I proudly will in November.

Just out of curiosity. Once that pledge was made, did everyone take it to mean regardless of the future circumstances the other candidates were bound by it? If Trump had said he planned to only recognize certain parts of the Constitution, and other candidates pulled their support, would you be upset with them because they broke their pledge?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom