• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just out of curiosity. Once that pledge was made, did everyone take it to mean regardless of the future circumstances the other candidates were bound by it? If Trump had said he planned to only recognize certain parts of the Constitution, and other candidates pulled their support, would you be upset with them because they broke their pledge?

Lets be honest, no one on that stage was willing to recognize the Constitution in its entirety. So yes, I would still take issue.

Don't sign a LOYALTY PLEDGE if you don't wish to be placed in that situation. If values mean more than your loyalty, the pledge is NOT FOR YOU!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    These Trumps continue to impress...

[video=youtube;6-uCViuKi5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-uCViuKi5A[/video]

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I stood at the voting machine in May not knowing who I would vote for Trump or Cruz. I decided to vote for Trump because I wanted the primary over, I didn't see any way Cruz could win even though I liked him. I am thankful I didn't waste my vote on him.

I think there are two main kind of Trump voters in the primary. Trumpers and people who saw the inevitably of it and just wanted to get it over. I understand that people are upset with Cruz because he didn't support the nominee and honor his pledge, and that reflects on his character. Cruz showed his lack of character before he ever entered the race. I didn't vote for Cruz because I thought he had good character. I voted for him because he wasn't Trump, another candidate with low character.

And I'm going to vote for THAT low character candidate becuase the alternative is even lower. Anyone who thinks any of these candidates has good character is delusional. And that includes Johnson. This election has truly become a contest between some of the lowest characters I've ever seen run for office.

Just out of curiosity. Once that pledge was made, did everyone take it to mean regardless of the future circumstances the other candidates were bound by it? If Trump had said he planned to only recognize certain parts of the Constitution, and other candidates pulled their support, would you be upset with them because they broke their pledge?
    That pledge was signed before Trump insulted his wife and claimed his dad was involved in shooting JFK. I kinda don't blame Cruz for taking that personally. But, it would have been better for the GOP and likely for his own political future to have endorsed Trump.

Cruz probably doesn't need Trumper votes to win a primary, but he would need them to win a general election campaign. He just shot that all to hell. For all the whining Trumpers are doing about a vote not for Trump is a vote for Hillary, they'll fiercely defend not voting for Cruz if he won the next primary to face Hillary.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Don't worry folks, the nightmare is almost over.

The media is doing their job. Any potential Trump "convention bounce" has been pre-borted by adverse coverage. The media's next play-time in the game will occur during the debates (...assuming Hillary allows any). A couple prime-time kabuki dances choreographed by Candy Crowley clones, and it will be over.

Keep your heads up and your eyes on the prize, people.
    3 more months and the GOP will be back in control of the Bush Family and the Mitt Romney Donor List - just like everybody likes it!

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That pledge was signed before Trump insulted his wife and claimed his dad was involved in shooting JFK. I kinda don't blame Cruz for taking that personally. But, it would have been better for the GOP and likely for his own political future to have endorsed Trump.

Cruz probably doesn't need Trumper votes to win a primary, but he would need them to win a general election campaign. He just shot that all to hell. For all the whining Trumpers are doing about a vote not for Trump is a vote for Hillary, they'll fiercely defend not voting for Cruz if he won the next primary to face Hillary.

If Trump wins the presidency, it may well be 8 years before Cruz gets to run for office again. Recent history indicates it'd be 16 years before he'd have a real shot at the office. If Trump flames out though, in 4 years does anyone really think most non-Hllary-people will care that Cruz didn't fold like a cheap suit and kiss Trump's ring? No, I bet after 4 years of Hillary all but the ones that drank gallons of Trump Kool-Aid will have forgotten or all but dismissed this non-endorsement. On the other hand, (and only speaking for myself) had Cruz given Trump an endorsement (which I really kind of expected him to do -- mildly or tangentially) in 4 years, he would still have my consideration (all other things being equal).

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    Don't worry folks, the nightmare is almost over.

The media is doing their job. Any potential Trump "convention bounce" has been pre-borted by adverse coverage. The media's next play-time in the game will occur during the debates (...assuming Hillary allows any). A couple prime-time kabuki dances choreographed by Candy Crowley clones, and it will be over.

Keep your heads up and your eyes on the prize, people.
    3 more months and the GOP will be back in control of the Bush Family and the Mitt Romney Donor List - just like everybody likes it!
    Trump doesn't want to debate Clinton. A one-on-one debate requires you to explain your position in more tan 140 characters.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Trump has supplanted all serious republican candidates, and has handed this election to Clinton.

It is the fault of Trump and his supporters that we are now stuck with this unelectable jackass, and the certainty of a HRC presidency.

Stop trying to feed the rest of us your bad lunch...we don't want any.

If you are looking for Clinton supporters look no further than your mirror...you Trumpers are the ones who have put her in office.

Trump is a life-long financial supporter of the Clintons. He has played you all for fools, and you keep begging for more.

Take a step back and really think about it...this is the fault of the few people who actually fell for Trump's shtick, not the great majority of Americans who want nothing to do with him.

Now we all get to pay for the **** sandwich you ordered up.

Thanks.

hey Paul have you every changed your mind about anything in your life???????......or when you popped out you are stead fast in your beliefs?

what do you think that someone can't change there mind?

the Republican establishment did it to them selfs for not doing what they said they would do....

so the way i see it now if you don't vote for Trump/Pence your just giving it to Hitllary.......so get on board!!!!!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump doesn't want to debate Clinton. A one-on-one debate requires you to explain your position in more tan 140 characters.

No. Hillary doesn't want a debate. Given the FBIs testimony on Hillary's email, it's best she avoids any event that would draw millions of her supporters to hear anything about that.

Hillary can talk detail, revealing in depth her 47 point plan to save the planet. And after she's blathered on for 30 minutes and when it's Trump's turn to talk he can rebut with just a few words.

"The FBI said Hillary stood in front of cameras, just like she's standing here today, and told you lies about her emails. She lied in great depth and detail."

in fact, all he has to do to rebut anything is remind viewers she lied. And she's still lying about it. The FBI may have come far short of the earned indictment, but they handed Trump a way to win if he's skillful enough to use it.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So...14 million people voted for Trump?

That only leaves 305 million that didn't...

I'm not voting for Trump. The best I can do for you for "getting on board" is not cast a vote in the general at all...

If that doesn't make you happy...tough.

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No. Hillary doesn't want a debate. Given the FBIs testimony on Hillary's email, it's best she avoids any event that would draw millions of her supporters to hear anything about that.

Hillary can talk detail, revealing in depth her 47 point plan to save the planet. And after she's blathered on for 30 minutes and when it's Trump's turn to talk he can rebut with just a few words.

"The FBI said Hillary stood in front of cameras, just like she's standing here today, and told you lies about her emails. She lied in great depth and detail."

in fact, all he has to do to rebut anything is remind viewers she lied. And she's still lying about it. The FBI may have come far short of the earned indictment, but they handed Trump a way to win if he's skillful enough to use it.

It makes me wonder why he hasn't already capitalized on that...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If Trump wins the presidency, it may well be 8 years before Cruz gets to run for office again. Recent history indicates it'd be 16 years before he'd have a real shot at the office. If Trump flames out though, in 4 years does anyone really think most non-Hllary-people will care that Cruz didn't fold like a cheap suit and kiss Trump's ring? No, I bet after 4 years of Hillary all but the ones that drank gallons of Trump Kool-Aid will have forgotten or all but dismissed this non-endorsement. On the other hand, (and only speaking for myself) had Cruz given Trump an endorsement (which I really kind of expected him to do -- mildly or tangentially) in 4 years, he would still have my consideration (all other things being equal).

Cruz has ambition. I actually think there's a good chance that if somehow Trump pulled off a miracle and won, Cruz would primary him in 4 years. And I do think the die hard Trumpers will hold a grudge. These aren't pragmatists.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'd like to point out that Cruz didn't get booed until he made the comment about "the New York delegation". If he'd ended his speech without making a snarky callback to his "New York values thing", we wouldn't be talking about this. Instead, he stepped on his own dick - as he has before. I liked Ted Cruz a lot when the primaries began, but he looks better on paper than he sounds. The guy just doesn't have the judgement or the charisma.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd like to point out that Cruz didn't get booed until he made the comment about "the New York delegation". If he'd ended his speech without making a snarky callback to his "New York values thing", we wouldn't be talking about this. Instead, he stepped on his own dick - as he has before. I liked Ted Cruz a lot when the primaries began, but he looks better on paper than he sounds. The guy just doesn't have the judgement or the charisma.

I thought that about Cruz from the start. I haven't liked him since his fabricated filibuster, and then the government shutdown to nowhere really sealed the deal. But, as uncouth as I think Trump is, I'd still vote for him over the official party of gun control.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I thought that about Cruz from the start. I haven't liked him since his fabricated filibuster, and then the government shutdown to nowhere really sealed the deal. But, as uncouth as I think Trump is, I'd still vote for him over the official party of gun control.

Right. That's what it comes down to. I was Cruz/Rand/Walker from the get-go. Well, my guys aren't there but Hillary is. I don't consider myself voting for Trump so much as I'm voting AGAINST her. (Maybe we need Australian voting, heh.)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Well, instead of an actual, constitutionally-minded conservative that we both had minor issues with, thank to you guys we get Hillary Clinton.

I really hope you are happy.

Maybe if Mitch hadn't been a ***** and would have run for this office, we all would have voted for him? But he didn't, so we can't.

When there is a flood -- and I would posit we are being consumed by moral, ethical and political floodwaters at this point in our Republic's history -- one needs to take to the high ground.

Apparently some people feel "high ground" is Mt. ****ing Everest!

For many of us who have sat though Bob "Who gave me this pencil?" Dole, John "Hanoi Rose" McCain and Mitt "I was so bad I lost to Obama AFTER Obamacare" Romney trying to lead us to the shining city on a hill that is their version of "high ground", we reject that and believe, at this point, anything above the water line is high ground.

The water may certainly be turbid, but Trump is an opportunity to possibly avoid the sewage that is growing ever deeper.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe if Mitch hadn't been a ***** and would have run for this office, we all would have voted for him? But he didn't, so we can't.

When there is a flood -- and I would posit we are being consumed by moral, ethical and political floodwaters at this point in our Republic's history -- one needs to take to the high ground.

Apparently some people feel "high ground" is Mt. ****ing Everest!

For many of us who have sat though Bob "Who gave me this pencil?" Dole, John "Hanoi Rose" McCain and Mitt "I was so bad I lost to Obama AFTER Obamacare" Romney trying to lead us to the shining city on a hill that is their version of "high ground", we reject that and believe, at this point, anything above the water line is high ground.

The water may certainly be turbid, but Trump is an opportunity to possibly avoid the sewage that is growing ever deeper.

That's the most coherant argument I have yet heard in support of Trump, it sounds almost...pragmatic.

I happen to disagree, but I mean to do so amicably...no disrespect. From my perspective Trump's footings are deep under same flood waters as Clinton's...

...regardless, excellent post; rep inbound!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom