The ticket I got yesterday makes me dislike leo's more.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    A motorcycle isn't steered by its front tire, it is steered by leaning. It's obvious here who rides and who isn't. Doing a wheelie isn't the safest maneuver, but it does not remove all steering control from the rider.

Everyone who is saying that doing a wheelie removes steering control from the motorcycle obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. So stop saying it.

The front wheel is not what is used to control the direction of a motorcycle unless you're traveling about 10 mph or less.

I think it would be neat for you to weld a front wheel aligned with the rear wheel of a motorcycle, and proceed foreward at whatever speed you want, and then complete a 90 degree turn onto a cross street, keeping BOTH wheels on the ground. That's kinda like turning onto a State Road from a side road...... most of the time.

uhhh, have someone video it and post it..... I mean, after all, there's no need for the front wheel to turn.......

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    A motorcycle isn't steered by its front tire, it is steered by leaning. Everyone who is saying that doing a wheelie removes steering control from the motorcycle obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. So stop saying it.

The front wheel is not what is used to control the direction of a motorcycle unless you're traveling about 10 mph or less.

So one could fix the front wheel of a motorcycle so that it wouldn't turn and the motorcycle would still turn to whatever direction the rider leaned? I admit I have never operated a motorcycle, so I might be wrong on this. I just wonder why the front wheel would need the ability to turn if the turning motion isn't really needed.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    So one could fix the front wheel of a motorcycle so that it wouldn't turn and the motorcycle would still turn to whatever direction the rider leaned? I admit I have never operated a motorcycle, so I might be wrong on this. I just wonder why the front wheel would need the ability to turn if the turning motion isn't really needed.

shhh, yer not supposed to tell....... they've been making bicycles, and motorcycles incorrectly for over 75 years..... or so... :rolleyes: Besides, if he makes the video and survives, he'll prove it to us...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I think it would be neat for you to weld a front wheel aligned with the rear wheel of a motorcycle, and proceed foreward at whatever speed you want, and then complete a 90 degree turn onto a cross street, keeping BOTH wheels on the ground. That's kinda like turning onto a State Road from a side road...... most of the time.

uhhh, have someone video it and post it..... I mean, after all, there's no need for the front wheel to turn.......

In downzero's defense(wow, never thought I'd say those words), he clarified every argument you have before you even posted.

1. He was going in a straight line; when traveling in a straight line, you lean.

2. You mention him taking a 90 degree turn...

Wouldn't you be going 10 mph or less when taking a 90 degree turn?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

back when I was younger I would do stand up wheelies on 465 for miles while weaving in and out of traffic on one wheel. Its all about balance.

Also the OP posted that the officer didnt mention the wheelie and probably didnt even see it, but heard the exhaust of the bike, noticed what appeared to be to quick of an acceleration and wrote the ticket off of that. (which in my opinion is subjective) but we all know how the court system works.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    If you did wrong, then accept the responsibility of it.

I was at the Courthouse last year, and saw a sign that suggested by Law Indiana did not have to prove you committed the traffic violation to be convicted.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    nalees has some good advice.

Did you sign the ticket?
    If you don't sign the ticket you can get out of it.
    If you did, just remember the next time you get pulled over refuse to sign the ticket.
    The officer will have no choice and have to let you go. They trick people like this all the time.

srsly.jpg

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    1. He was going in a straight line; when traveling in a straight line, you lean.

2. You mention him taking a 90 degree turn...

Wouldn't you be going 10 mph or less when taking a 90 degree turn?

I said.....

"proceed forward at whatever speed you want, and then complete a 90 degree turn onto a cross street, keeping BOTH wheels on the ground. "

I get it..... I'll quit.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Agreed.

It appears that the either the more brilliant, or the more idiotic the post, the more it tends to become quoted by another.

Ouch...Come to think of it, I get quoted all the time and it's never brilliant.:):

I said.....

"proceed forward at whatever speed you want, and then complete a 90 degree turn onto a cross street, keeping BOTH wheels on the ground. "

"Whatever speed" he wants is going to be 10 mph or less when completing a 90 degree turn...Right?

I get it..... I'll quit.

Why? We're having a civil discussion.:dunno:

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Ouch...Come to think of it, I get quoted all the time and it's never brilliant.:):

"Whatever speed" he wants is going to be 10 mph or less when completing a 90 degree turn...Right?

Why? We're having a civil discussion.:dunno:

Silly subject for me to enter into. I've never owned a motorcycle, and know nothing about them....... I shouldn't have "gone there" in the first place. :patriot:

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Most of the people on this thread probably don't understand u actually turn the bars the opposite way u are wanting to turn to make the bike lean down the way u want to turn. I once showed my girlfriend this while we were in a big parking lot i told her to pull back on the left side of the handle bars and we leaned right and turned right, she was like wow i didn't know that. Also I'm pretty sure all the guys that race sport bikes in ama and come out of the corners with the tire a few inches off the ground are in control. Im sure I'm preaching to the choir on that though.

Anyway I talked to the lady at the court house who was very nice I might add, and she said that he gave me the wrong court date and went into this rant about how her sherriffs are not the smartest because she writes the dates on a bulletin and they aren't adjusting to this new system they have (that prints the tickets out instead of hand writing them) very well. She goes I know u prolly don't care about that, but thats why ur court dates wrong. anyway looks like I am going to be able to defer the ticket and keep it off my record since I haven't had any tickets for awhile. That was my main concern. I might be able to afford to keep it lol.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Deferring tickets....we want your money, but you will beotch less if we dont involve your insurance company.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Most of the people on this thread probably don't understand u actually turn the bars the opposite way u are wanting to turn to make the bike lean down the way u want to turn. I once showed my girlfriend this while we were in a big parking lot i told her to pull back on the left side of the handle bars and we leaned right and turned right, she was like wow i didn't know that. Also I'm pretty sure all the guys that race sport bikes in ama and come out of the corners with the tire a few inches off the ground are in control. Im sure I'm preaching to the choir on that though.

Anyway I talked to the lady at the court house who was very nice I might add, and she said that he gave me the wrong court date and went into this rant about how her sherriffs are not the smartest because she writes the dates on a bulletin and they aren't adjusting to this new system they have (that prints the tickets out instead of hand writing them) very well. She goes I know u prolly don't care about that, but thats why ur court dates wrong. anyway looks like I am going to be able to defer the ticket and keep it off my record since I haven't had any tickets for awhile. That was my main concern. I might be able to afford to keep it lol.

Yes, it's called counter steering.

Top Bottom