• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was at my local fun shop the other day, and in walked a guy that forced me to do all I could to not laugh. He had a full size gun in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster, clipped to the outside of his pocket. If he would have bent over, the gun would have fallen out. He kept having to adjust it because the weight of the handle kept causing the holster to rotate. No, I didn't say anything since I figured you can't fix stupid.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The least you could've done is get a pic of the precariously situated holster in question.

I thought it's a requirement on INGO to laugh at stupidity, but that would be alot easier with pics!!!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have seen a LOT of folks do that. Also see a lot of serpa style paddle holsters with the paddle between the belt and pants.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I saw an idiot friend of mine do this with a 92 FS.

I called him over one day and literally threw a bianchi paddle with thumb break at him and told him to just say no to uncle mikes.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Should there be a "the holster should cost at least 10% the value of the firearm" rule? Or something close to that?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Should there be a "the holster should cost at least 10% the value of the firearm" rule? Or something close to that?

I prefer the old fashioned "the gun should stay in when the holster is upside down test. You can get that for not a whole lot of money. After that you pay for access, comfort, and style.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    No one can beat my brother in-law for stupidity. Yes that is a challenge I will put out there!

Just to set the stage, he rides a HD motorcycle with a AUTOMOBILE tire on the rear of the bike. He says it's OK and he will get 30K out of that tire. I won't ride with him.

Now for the guns! Going to the range near Dolly-Wood in TN. I see his 2 handguns on the counter and ask if the wanted to put them in my range bag. He said no and I didn't think much of it. We get to the, I have been to this gun range several times. I didn't need to sign in. Drop my DL off at the counter and wait for my brother in-law.

The guy ask him if he brought a gun or does he need one. My brother in-law proceeds to pull 2 .9mm out of his waist band, NO HOLSTERS, just shoved down the front of his pants. Next he lays both guns on the counter with BOTH barrels FACING the clerk. Why have holsters when it's good to be a Gangster? Now I will never shoot with him again.

The next day we went to a LARGE knife store and he proceeds to tell a clerk that the 600.00 knife he is holding is a !@#$. Now I will never go knife with him again.

There is always one guy that is the Elephant in the room. Yeah he is that guy every where we go. He lacks most social skills as well as safety skills in any he does.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I was at my local fun shop the other day, and in walked a guy that forced me to do all I could to not laugh. He had a full size gun in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster, clipped to the outside of his pocket. If he would have bent over, the gun would have fallen out. He kept having to adjust it because the weight of the handle kept causing the holster to rotate. No, I didn't say anything since I figured you can't fix stupid.

You mean you save all your wit for INGO? You really missed an educatiomal opportunity in real life.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    No one can beat my brother in-law for stupidity. Yes that is a challenge I will put out there!

Just to set the stage, he rides a HD motorcycle with a AUTOMOBILE tire on the rear of the bike. He says it's OK and he will get 30K out of that tire. I won't ride with him.

Now for the guns! Going to the range near Dolly-Wood in TN. I see his 2 handguns on the counter and ask if the wanted to put them in my range bag. He said no and I didn't think much of it. We get to the, I have been to this gun range several times. I didn't need to sign in. Drop my DL off at the counter and wait for my brother in-law.

The guy ask him if he brought a gun or does he need one. My brother in-law proceeds to pull 2 .9mm out of his waist band, NO HOLSTERS, just shoved down the front of his pants. Next he lays both guns on the counter with BOTH barrels FACING the clerk. Why have holsters when it's good to be a Gangster? Now I will never shoot with him again.

The next day we went to a LARGE knife store and he proceeds to tell a clerk that the 600.00 knife he is holding is a !@#$. Now I will never go knife with him again.

There is always one guy that is the Elephant in the room. Yeah he is that guy every where we go. He lacks most social skills as well as safety skills in any he does.

We we must be related because that sounds exactly like my son in law!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Every time I see someone carrying a 1911 and using a Serpa holster, I automatically know this person isn't that smart.
    For one thing, he's carrying a 1911. The other thing, he's using a Serpa holster.

Come on people! You're smarter than that!

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I use a quart size glad bag and some duct tape. I only have to replace it once a week. What could be more transparent (Caitlin Jenner excluded).

Top Bottom