The stupid in San Fran is so strong it hurts...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't think it's that outrageous to keep stunt pilots from flying over crowded cities. Now it could be that they never do fly over crowded areas and this is just grandstanding by a politician, in which case it's stupid.

That said I always enjoyed going to air shows and such, but that seems like a no-brainer as far as public tax dollars that could be better used.

"[FONT=&quot]has introduced a nonbinding resolution to require the jets to only fly over the bay. "[/FONT]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It seems that SF is an anti-military community. This doesn't strike me as being terribly different from the tantrum led by Nancy Pelosi against having the battleship Iowa moored in SF bay.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would bet that there are lots of towns in America that would welcome a fly over by the Blue Angles, they can just use that time somewhere else where they are more appreciated.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    They can fly over my house anytime. I LOVE watching The Blue Angles. I have seen them and The Thunderbirds from the USAF and the Angles are far better with their bigger planes in my opinion. -Jason

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    There was a concern the jet wake might cause Alcatraz island to flip over. Scores of incarcerated persons might drown.

I have it on good authority that at least one congressman thinks it's a possibility, so best to be safe.

Last edited:

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    There was a concern the jet wake might cause Alcatraz island to flip over. Scores of incarcerated persons might drown.

I have it on good authority that at least one congressman thinks it's a possibility, so best to be safe.

And we're running out of helium for the balloons to keep the planes up!

And I 2nd the offer of my neighborhood for as many flyovers as they want. We'll put the lawnchairs on the roof and make a day of it, a nice follow-up to lunch on the Friday before Memorial Day when the Warthogs were up over Castleton.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It is against FAA rules to perform stunt acrobatics over ANY crowd of people. The military flight teams would never violate this rule intentionally. Strafing an American city would only occur accidentally, usually due to a switch error and then not aimed fire and then it would only by training ammo not service ammo. Not that a 20 mike mike inert round is anything to sneeze at but it wouldn't be on purpose.

The battle of Palmdale, CA is a good example of unintentional consequences. Ooops, sorry.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It seems that SF is an anti-military community. This doesn't strike me as being terribly different from the tantrum led by Nancy Pelosi against having the battleship Iowa moored in SF bay.

"If you do not stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them." Nowhere I have ever seen that quote to be more appropriate.

I'd say SF can go screw themselves... but they already do that, and enjoy it.

I'd say the hell with them, but according to many religions' teachings, that's where they're headed, too.

I think I'll settle for a taste of down-home, old Southern commentary, and just say, "Bless their hearts."

Blessings,
    Bill

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One of the perks to living in our area is the flyovers for the events at the speedway. Our street is the guide path used by the aircraft. We are always aware when the are coming. They go burners just past our house on occasion. Love it. The kids love it. Their kids love it. **** SF.

It is becoming more and more obvious where the concentrations of stupid are in this country.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them." Nowhere I have ever seen that quote to be more appropriate.

I'd say SF can go screw themselves... but they already do that, and enjoy it.

I'd say the hell with them, but according to many religions' teachings, that's where they're headed, too.

I think I'll settle for a taste of down-home, old Southern commentary, and just say, "Bless their hearts."

Blessings,
    Bill

:yesway:

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis

If they were ever attacked, it would be interesting to see how their anti-military opinions evolved. People like this get on my nerves so quickly. By "people like this," I mean people who believe that because nothing bad has happened recently or in their lifetime, it never will.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If they were ever attacked, it would be interesting to see how their anti-military opinions evolved. People like this get on my nerves so quickly. By "people like this," I mean people who believe that because nothing bad has happened recently or in their lifetime, it never will.
    I'd imagine a lot of groveling on the streets while welcoming their new overlords.

Top Bottom