The Sheeple Are Freaking Out on Facebook..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Don't argue with an idiot - they only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Trying to educate ignorant sheeple is like educating a person that has been blind since birth about colors

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    If you go back to the WTHR Facebook site, you will see where I have rebuked the poll question and called the article(s) sensationalism and fear mongering. They are acting like they don't know what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

Please feel free to back me up here. Thanks!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    If you go back to the WTHR Facebook site, you will see where I have rebuked the poll question and called the article(s) sensationalism and fear mongering. They are acting like they don't know what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

No kidding, they dodged your point completely. But that's not surprising, considering how likely it seems that they intentionally crafted the answers in that manner. If it had been an oversight, they probably would have said, "Oops, I see what you mean."

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    No kidding, they dodged your point completely. But that's not surprising, considering how likely it seems that they intentionally crafted the answers in that manner. If it had been an oversight, they probably would have said, "Oops, I see what you mean."

You're more than welcome to throw in your :twocents: friend. I would welcome all the guys who were involved to do the same. Right now, it's kinda like I'm the only one--aside from another fella who didn't agree with the law, but didn't like the poll--that noticed this.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana

Can you post a link? I'm looking at the page, but see no poll or discussion besides the one from yesterday's article.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Can you post a link? I'm looking at the page, but see no poll or discussion besides the one from yesterday's article.

Well, if you look right now, the post was from 14 hours ago, but I don't know that I can link directly to the post itself. I'll try...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1272337622#!/WTHR13

It starts with:

"I noticed how you conviently split the "Yea" vote on your online poll about the new gun law. Not very fair to the "Yea" voters don't you think? "I agree with it." + "About time. There are too many restrictions on gun owners." were actually greater than the numbers for those who "have safety concerns." I also just looked at your website and the numbers are much more in favor of the "Yea" vote. Are you going to repost those numbers on your broadcast later this evening?"

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    found it and backed you up. I am finally able to put my research methodologies class to use. And here I was just thinking it was an easy A and a blow off elective.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Don't use facebook as a barometer of opinion. I deactivated my account after watching my "friends" spout nonsense all day long and fight for the least mature award

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    found it and backed you up. I am finally able to put my research methodologies class to use. And here I was just thinking it was an easy A and a blow off elective.

Thanks!!!!:yesway:

Did you see their response (same thread) where they asked why I thought the headlines involked fear mongering and sensationalism?

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    "I noticed how you conviently split the "Yea" vote on your online poll about the new gun law. Not very fair to the "Yea" voters don't you think? "I agree with it." + "About time. There are too many restrictions on gun owners." were actually greater than the numbers for those who "have safety concerns." I also just looked at your website and the numbers are much more in favor of the "Yea" vote. Are you going to repost those numbers on your broadcast later this evening?"

Don't discount the possibility that this poll was created by some airhead
    intern that just needed some extra choices besides yay and nay. They're
    probably all sitting around confused that someone actually noticed the discrepancy.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Did you see their response (same thread) where they asked why I thought the headlines involked fear mongering and sensationalism?
    WHTR; said:
    "We were trying to represent different viewpoints in our poll, but it's always hard to come up with options that are going to fit everyone."

That one? yeah and that is why I responded the way that I did attacking the methodology of the poll and not the options/question.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    That one? yeah and that is why I responded the way that I did attacking the methodology of the poll and not the options/question.

No, here's my quote: "So, what I'm hearing you say then is that even though your viewers feel differently than previously aired, you will not rerun this newspiece because it contradicts the sensationalism and fear mongering reaction you got to start with. BTW, you should have interviewed some REAL gun owners in your newsbit. How many did you have to go through before you found some that supported your agenda?"

And their response: "Our only agenda here was to inform people about the new law, and we went into some detail in our story (which I'm assuming you either watched or read on our website). How is our story sensational or fear-mongering? We were trying to represent different viewpoints in our poll, but it's always hard to come up with options that are going to fit everyone."

BTW: Here's what the current poll numbers look like:

I agree with it.
    spacer.gif
    11%
    About time. There are too many restrictions on gun owners.
    spacer.gif
    56%
    It will make things tougher for police.
    spacer.gif
    8%
    I have safety concerns.
    spacer.gif
    25%

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    No, here's my quote: "So, what I'm hearing you say then is that even though your viewers feel differently than previously aired, you will not rerun this newspiece because it contradicts the sensationalism and fear mongering reaction you got to start with. BTW, you should have interviewed some REAL gun owners in your newsbit. How many did you have to go through before you found some that supported your agenda?"

And their response: "Our only agenda here was to inform people about the new law, and we went into some detail in our story (which I'm assuming you either watched or read on our website). How is our story sensational or fear-mongering? We were trying to represent different viewpoints in our poll, but it's always hard to come up with options that are going to fit everyone."

BTW: Here's what the current poll numbers look like:

I agree with it.
    spacer.gif
    11%
    About time. There are too many restrictions on gun owners.
    spacer.gif
    56%
    It will make things tougher for police.
    spacer.gif
    8%
    I have safety concerns.
    spacer.gif
    25%

I saw the results which is why I made the second comment about due diligence then duplicated it as a new wall post and referenced you in it (hope you don't mind). BTW: I took "journalistic freedom" and only quoted the necessary part of the reponse so I bolded it in your response to highlight it.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I saw the results which is why I made the second comment about due diligence then duplicated it as a new wall post and referenced you in it (hope you don't mind). BTW: I took "journalistic freedom" and only quoted the necessary part of the reponse so I bolded it in your response to highlight it.

Here's the one that got me: "How is our story sensational or fear-mongering?"

Top Bottom