The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hmmm...I wonder who else was careless with email accounts and private servers? Seems to me if anyone is concerned about being "hacked" they would'nt be so haphazard.

Government tends to be the worst for security over your personal info.
    Not all government workers. Many in fact take their responsibilities seriously.
    But... weakest link of the chain quote. And they have many weak links.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How much damage can an bacilli with a pen and a phone do in 19 days?

It doesn't get talked about much. How Trump is staying cool, calm and collected while Obama is throwing him and our country under the bus at every opportunity.

------------------

What if congress convened on Tuesday and they immediately impeached Obama?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just for my edification, has anyone beside Kut ever heard the mantra, "Now that the Democrats have won they need to play nice with the Republicans"?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just for my edification, has anyone beside Kut ever heard the mantra, "Now that the Democrats have won they need to play nice with the Republicans"?
    Not that I can recall recently. I do recall though that when our outgoing POTUS was elected and his party had the majority that the mantra was that the Republicans had to play nice with the Democrats. Then when the Republicans gained more power they were told that the onus was still on them to play nice.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So if the Republicans are in power they have to play nice with the Denocrats.

If the Democrats are in power, the Republicans have to play nice with the Democrats.

That makes perfect

I am coming around to bwframe's way of thinking.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What do you guys mean by "playing nice"? If you mean not playing identity politics, not marginalizing, not ridiculing, not mass shaming everyone who disagrees with Trump, I'd have to support not doing those things. Just as we've all noticed, that didn't work out so well for the left. Doing that **** tends to **** people off and gives them more motivation to vot against the people doing it.

But if by "playing nice" you mean rolling over for the democrats, no. Republicans need to aggressively make the case for what they want to accomplish, and then aggressively pursue it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nope, we don't need to listen to the losers at this time. Certainly work that in later, but not now. Too much important work to do to **** around with the Pelosi's, Schumer's and NeverTrumpers.

If McCain and Graham want to vote with the ememy, so be it. Let's get that established right now.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    McCain represents what is wrong in Washington. Lifelong politicians. He is like 118 years old and still wants to stay in there.

It must be so freaking addicting to wield that much power

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The democrats have been shaming the republicans into thinking that when they (dems) have the majority they have all they power and can set the rules and then when they are in the minority (dems) they should still have all the power.

The repubs need to grow a backbone and just move forward with their own ideas and agendas like the dems always do. Stop being so subservient.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nope, we don't need to listen to the losers at this time. Certainly work that in later, but not now. Too much important work to do to **** around with the Pelosi's, Schumer's and NeverTrumpers.

If McCain and Graham want to vote with the ememy, so be it. Let's get that established right now.
    So you're saying you need to play identity politics like the dems did to you. Mmmkay. You just let me know how that works out for you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    McCain represents what is wrong in Washington. Lifelong politicians. He is like 118 years old and still wants to stay in there.

It must be so freaking addicting to wield that much power
    I'll agree with that. McCain needs to retire. Graham needs to be primaried. Years ago I had some respect for McCain, especially for what he endured as a POW. McCain and Lindsey Graham have lost their way. I don't agree with identity politics and ridiculing opponents, but I also don't agree with compromise for the sake of compromise.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Keep your eyes open, you are about to see how things are supposed to work. Kinda like all the rest of the stuff you believed could never happen, but have. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Keep your eyes open, you are about to see how things are supposed to work. Kinda like all the rest of the stuff you believed could never happen, but have. ;)
    Looking at the numbers, here is exactly what I had wrong: I underestimated how many democrats would stay home in Wisconson, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, and was pleasantly surprised that Hillary lost the EC.

I think many of you Trumpers overestimate Trump's mandate, much like Obama supporters overestimated Obama's. I see many of you guys repeating the same patturn. I hope that doesn't cost us the next election. I'd feel more confident in the future if I could get a better sense that you (rhetorically "you") were capable of assessing Trump critically.

My eyes are open. The lenses on my glasses are clear. They aren't rose tinted.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So far, so good with the "overestimation." :rolleyes:

;)

[video=youtube;zT0Rjc6jKCg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT0Rjc6jKCg[/video]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom