The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Anyone that is on Obama's side on any of this is no one we need to impress. They need to be plowed under just like the rest of the swamp.

This is the very sentiment that helped Trump win. When your side wins, you can't assume that the other side, which disagrees with you, no longer matters. The basket of deplorables rose up and defeated democrats because they were sick and tired of being "plowed under" by the left.

Obama has led the democrats in doing that his whole presidency. Republicans, now, should not make the same mistake. This isn't a dictatorship where winning means you can eliminate your opposition. The opposition has not been, nor can be, eliminated in our system, other than their ideologies fading away through social evolution. Winning an election is not a meaningful mandate signifying the end of the left. They can't be plowed under any more than you were. The left thought that the right was effectively plowed under.

This is just an admonition to right leaning people not to be foolish as the left was. There is another side, and that side as a voice. You can't take their voice away and still have a free republic.

why, you need a cuddle? You won't find it here, this is the politics forum! :starwars:

I like that emoji. Sith be kickin ass.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Exactly, jamil(NHRN)

The quote that sticks in my mind is from BoR, something to the effect of [By electing Trump we've just kept ourselves out of the boxcars for four more years]

There is still a great deal left to do, but my desired results from electing Trump consist largely of getting the rudder hard over and start turning this Super[power]Tanker to starboard. So far, so good

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is the very sentiment that helped Trump win. When your side wins, you can't assume that the other side, which disagrees with you, no longer matters. The basket of deplorables rose up and defeated democrats because they were sick and tired of being "plowed under" by the left.

Obama has led the democrats in doing that his whole presidency. Republicans, now, should not make the same mistake. This isn't a dictatorship where winning means you can eliminate your opposition. The opposition has not been, nor can be, eliminated in our system, other than their ideologies fading away through social evolution. Winning an election is not a meaningful mandate signifying the end of the left. They can't be plowed under any more than you were. The left thought that the right was effectively plowed under.

This is just an admonition to right leaning people not to be foolish as the left was. There is another side, and that side as a voice. You can't take their voice away and still have a free republic.

I like that emoji. Sith be kickin ass.

You sir, deserve a rep.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly, jamil(NHRN)

The quote that sticks in my mind is from BoR, something to the effect of [By electing Trump we've just kept ourselves out of the boxcars for four more years]

There is still a great deal left to do, but my desired results from electing Trump consist largely of getting the rudder hard over and start turning this Super[power]Tanker to starboard. So far, so good

Well, there is a similar lesson we've learned from Obama's rudder work. He went hard left with only half the nation's permission. Respect Overton's window. As far right as I'd like to turn this *****, there are still a **** ton of people who like left rudder. In fact, IIRC, ~20% of Trump voters thought we should stay left or go lefter. If we go full right, it should be through making a convincing argument for right policies and not just imposing it on everyone else because we won an election, like Obama did.

You sir, deserve a rep.
    Thank you.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Every time the democrats are in power the rest of us don't matter. Every time the republicans are in power they make so many concessions to play nice that they are lambasted by you who say they need to play nice that they are no better than the democrats.

If you want smaller government, rollbacks on bureaucracies, lower taxes, less regulation &al, then you can not invite the democrats to the party.

Edit: no 2A infringement. Forgot where I was.

I wouldn't go as far as to say steam roll, but what do the democrats offer that we (the American people) want/need?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Every time the democrats are in power the rest of us don't matter. Every time the republicans are in power they make so many concessions to play nice that they are lambasted by you who say they need to play nice that they are no better than the democrats.

If you want smaller government, rollbacks on bureaucracies, lower taxes, less regulation &al, then you can not invite the democrats to the party.

I wouldn't go as far as to say steam roll, but what do the democrats offer that we (the American people) want/need?

Democrats say the the exact opposite. I guess it depend on one's perspective.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Like with republicans. I don't just blindly support them. I question things. I didn't agree with bush on a lot. But overall I think he was a great president who was forced into being a wartime president that he didn't expect so his agendas had to change. But he genuinely loved America. I'm not saying he didn't do wrong things though. I HATE the patriot act with a passion.

The road to enlightenment begins when we realize progressivism is alive and well in all the major and wanna-be-major parties. A conservative doesn't propose a drug entitlement be added to Medicare or no-child-left-behind or the Patriot Act unless he's infected with progressivism just as much as those that cheer when SCOTUS overrules the states on marriage or ram-rod ObamaCare down our throats or never quits on gun control. We tend to dismiss and explain it away when "our guy" does it and focus like a laser beam when "their guy" does it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Democrats say the the exact opposite. I guess it depend on one's perspective.

So does their buddies in the culture and in much of the press. It's a lot easier to grow a back bone when so many are cheering you on and all you have to do it swat away a few deplorables.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The road to enlightenment begins when we realize progressivism is alive and well in all the major and wanna-be-major parties. A conservative doesn't propose a drug entitlement be added to Medicare or no-child-left-behind or the Patriot Act unless he's infected with progressivism just as much as those that cheer when SCOTUS overrules the states on marriage or ram-rod ObamaCare down our throats or never quits on gun control. We tend to dismiss and explain it away when "our guy" does it and focus like a laser beam when "their guy" does it.

Ok, what the deal here? What's up with people saying reasonable things?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

When was the last time the Republicans did any of that? I think you confuse the Republican party with some ideal of a party.

The Tea Party candidates tried to bring some smaller government, less taxation back into the party, but they failed to overcome the established Republicans.

I guess we will see if this bunch actually tries. I have my doubts that the beast that is our federal government will shrink any under their watch.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I agree with Jamil and Blue Falcon. I do this in the belief they are referring to two differing groups because bwframe was rather vague in his statement.

I too believe Congressional Republicans give too much away through compromise.

I also believe if you and i use the same brute force tactics against the Democrats we know personally , it won't persuade anybody to our side.

I wore a Make America Great Again hat up to the election. I put it away afterwards. The Democrats who told me that day they were going to have a good night, I didn't say a word to on politics. We talk about all sorts of other things. One, a Christian with sincere beliefs, asked how I can turn my back on the poor?

I showed him through the letters of Paul, especially Timothy, i believe Christians are to take care of their own family and the poor Christians in their community first AND practice not being a burden to others through frugal living. A responsibility to self and others. It was living this way that made Christianity that made it so popular that it conquered the Roman Empire.

It is precisely a failure in this area that created a vacuum for Government to fill thus taking away the burden and the guilt and in the process becoming antichrist in the true sense of the word. Not against Christ as is often believed, but instead of or in place of Christ which is better represents biblical language.

He admitted he had never heard it or thought about it that way until now.

Who knows what seed will grow, God willing.

Oh and I will wear the hat on inauguration day.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree with Jamil and Blue Falcon. I do this in the belief they are referring to two differing groups because bwframe was rather vague in his statement.

I too believe Congressional Republicans give too much away through compromise.

I also believe if you and i use the same brute force tactics against the Democrats we know personally , it won't persuade anybody to our side.

I wore a Make America Great Again hat up to the election. I put it away afterwards. The Democrats who told me that day they were going to have a good night, I didn't say a ward to on politics. We talk about all sorts of other things. One, a Christian with sincere beliefs, asked how I can turn my back on the poor?

I showed him through the letters of Paul, especially Timothy, i believe Christians are to take care of their own family and the poor Christians in their community first AND practice not being a burden to others through frugal living. A responsibility to self and others. It was living this way that made Christianity that made it so popular that it conquered the Roman Empire.

It is precisely a failure in this area that created a vacuum for Government to fill thus taking away the burden and the guilt and in the process becoming antichrist in the true sense of the word. Not against Christ as is often believed, but instead of or in place of Christ which is better represents biblical language.

He admitted he had never heard it or thought about it that way until now.

Who knows what seed will grow, God willing.

Oh and I will wear the hat on inauguration day.

Ok, last one... no more.

Edit: Oops bro, I can't rep you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The Trump Administration and Republican majorities in congress need to politely say STFU to the progressive/lib/neverTrumpers/etc. and be done with it.

No arguing, no fussing, no fooling around. There is work to be done, no time for their BS. If the losers think they have anything to say RIGHT NOW about this transition and beginning of the Trump term in office, they are mistaken.

They can come see us in a year, when they have actually had some time to evaluate. Naysayers might be surprised by how inclusive the administration has been to the election losers, while not forgetting who elected them and why.

The progressive/lib/neverTrumpers/etc. opinion will be a consideration in the Trump administration at the discretion of the Trump administration, not because they loud-mouthed their "entitled" way in. :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom