The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The Israelis took the West Bank from Jordan in 1967.
    The state of Palestine was made up by the UN and before that the League of Nations and the Arab league.
    We the United States have stood against this so called state alone for many years.
    Screw the UN we should withdraw immediately it is a waste of time and money.
    This is a political play along with the Russian sanctions by the BHO administration.
    In order to attempt to divirt the DJT administration away from domestic policy.

BTW
    The US did sign the Geneva convention in 1977 it was never ratified. It has no binding effect on our country.

The Geneva Convention IV was signed by BOTH the United States and Israel on 12 Aug 1949. Link: https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/ihl/INTRO/380

It went into effect 21 Oct 1950. It is STILL in force.

Whatever happened or did not happen in 1977 is entirely irrelevant as the preexisting GC IV is still in force and is still binding from 1950.

Regards and Happy New Year,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Where was the UN and their resolution when Israel was attacked?

I get where you are coming from but it doesn't change the fact that Israel is ALSO in violation of the law.

If I am stopped for speeding and get at ticket but the guy flying in front of me who I KNOW was speeding does not get a ticket, does this mean we do away with the law or claim that we have been violated in some way?

I was still speeding. I still earned the ticket.

Israel should man up, put on its big boy pants, and own the PART of the problem they have brought on themselves. Instead, it's "everyone is mean to us:baby: and we have done nothing wrong:tantrum:."

On another topic at least we have the dignity to presume that IF we are going to build a wall along Mexico it will be within OUR territory. Not Israel. Oh, no! They build a wall and put it in territory that isn't theirs because it's convenient.

Doug

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Sorry that was confusing. The Jewish basis for owning Israel is based on the Old Testament. A Christian, should reject the claim that it is solely theirs, based on the New Testament, and the current beliefs of Judaism (i.e. non-belief in Jesus as the son of God)

Might just be me, but I'm still not following. Christians, based on the New Testament, should reject that the land belongs to Jews, or that it belongs to Christians? I think you mean the former?

My understanding of the New Testament says that God has always considered, and will always consider, Jews to be His people - He has merely grafted non-Jews into the family, through Jesus. Jews, throughout their history (see: Old Testament) have continually rejected God. The thread of that story is that God remains steadfast in His faithfulness to His people.

More importantly, I don't see how any of that changes the understanding that the Jews conquered Canaan three or four thousand years ago, and have a legitimate, historical claim to the land.

So, even as a Christian, viewing the Old Testament, and Jews, through the prism of the New Testament, I believe that Jews maintain their claim to the land in question.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just caught a bit of Sheriff David Clark talking on FNC. He was wondering if we couldn't buy Obama out of the rest of his contract?

:laugh:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not to derail, but how is the guy that has deported more Mexicans than any president prior, trying to "give land back to the Mexicans?"
    Well this is one of those political soundbite issues.
    because he has also let in more illegals than any other president. Stopped prosecution and deportation of more illegals than any other president. And allowed in more legally than any other president.
    He has failed to keep his oath. there have been more terrorist attacks on American soil and abroad than under any other president as well. The boy that shouldn't have been president. Good title for a book.
    Hes still living as a boy in a mans body. I'm still waiting to find out where he was during Benghazi.my guess is on a prayer rug thanking allah for the victory

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well this is one of those political soundbite issues.
    because he has also let in more illegals than any other president. Stopped prosecution and deportation of more illegals than any other president. And allowed in more legally than any other president.
    He has failed to keep his oath. there have been more terrorist attacks on American soil and abroad than under any other president as well. The boy that shouldn't have been president. Good title for a book.
    Hes still living as a boy in a mans body. I'm still waiting to find out where he was during Benghazi.my guess is on a prayer rug thanking allah for the victory

How could that possibly be verified? And I'm not really sure about your terrorist attacks notion either. That also needs to be qualified.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

One also wonders about this red herring.

Where exactly are my facts incorrect sufficient to undermine my logic? Are you claiming any of my alleged information is wrong?

Has Israel officially claimed the territory? Does the United States or ANY OTHER nation acknowledge the claim?

Because claiming property rights is not enough. I can claim someone else's property is mine all I want, but if the law doesn't acknowledge it my claim doesn't mean squat.

Or are you claiming that Israel has a special dispensation from Article 49 of the 4th Geneva Convention?

In one (1) example where Israel DID claim territory by annexing East Jerusalem in 1967 it was condemned unanimously by a United Nations vote in 1967, as General Assembly Resolution 2253. Twenty (20) nations abstained including the United States, but NONE opposed it. In other words, the United States does not legally recognize Israel's claim to East Jerusalem, we just don't do anything about it.

In short, over the last 50 years (give or take a decade or so) Israel has been able to get away with a lot due to our vetoing and obstructing forceful measures upon them to comply with international law. This has never made it right, only not enforced.

Doug

IS it a red herring, or another data point to try to understand what drives your opinions in the matter of Israel. It seems perfect - an even more archival land dispute, the British (re)took the islands in a war and continue to occupy the land until this day

From the level of prevarication I guess I'll just assume you supported the Brits

Feliz ano nuevo

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Name a more-authoritative source.

Much of the referenced writings are historical writings. They were written as a chronicle of history. The historical preservation of the original source of those writings is more solid than any other work.

Insofar as archaeological evidence exists, that evidence either corroborates or fails to refute said writings.

The Jews' claim to that land predates the "Palestinians'" claim by millennia.

I'm gonna have to agree with Kut on this point. The current State of Israel has existed since 1948. The ancient nation of Israel had long been concurred. If Israel has a right to the land it is now settling because of their military victory, then it's logical to say that they lost whatever ancient rights they had to that land through the conquests of Muslims over the centuries.

Kut is right in that the only claim they have to that land now, other than kicking their aggressors' asses in 1967, is a belief that their God gave them that land for all eternity. But I'm not going to defend or refute what Kut says about God accepting or rejecting Jews. That doctrine is too diverse and dependent upon denominations to have a conversation about that won't turn into a doctrinal debate.

But this is where I stop agreeing with Kut. I've said before that I think Israel has every right to that land--if the Muslims didn't want to lose that land, then they shouldn't have attacked Israel. I don't give a **** about geneva conventions or whatever. The Arabs follow it when it benefits and ignore where it doesn't anyway.

It's clear to me that the Arab nations that surround Israel, as well as the Palestinians, have no real desire to live in peace with Israel's existence. In other words, the only way there can be peace in the Middle East is for Israel to cease to exist. So this farce that the settlements are a (or especially THE) deterrent to a two-state solution is utter nonsense. Palestinians don't want a two state solution. They want Israel's annihilation. And so do most of the other nations in the ME.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    IS it a red herring, or another data point to try to understand what drives your opinions in the matter of Israel. It seems perfect - an even more archival land dispute, the British (re)took the islands in a war and continue to occupy the land until this day

From the level of prevarication I guess I'll just assume you supported the Brits

Feliz ano nuevo

And just like this country was taken.
    Yet I don't see all non-natives leaving.

(Agreeing with you. Rebuttal to Libertarian)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I can't help but think that all the petty, lame-duck histrionics are all building up to a record-setting number and scope of commutations and pardons.

My issues with Trump are well-documented (heck, some of you probably have Googledocs full of
    material), but the inauguration can't get here fast enough.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Why are they continuing to promote the fake news of the election was "hacked"?
    The election was not hacked.

They don't claim the election was hacked.

President Barack Obama had vowed action against Russia amid US accusations it directed hacks against the Democratic party and Hillary Clinton's campaign.

Just Hillary's emails, that lead the American people to see how corrupted she was, leading to Trump's victory. :dunno:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Just Hillary's emails, that lead the American people to see how corrupted she was, leading to Trump's victory. :dunno:

Fake news headlines of "russia hacking the election".
    People that don't read past the headlines think that all of the voting machines across the country were corrupted by the ruskies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Obama is seeking retribution for exposing his party and HRC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom