"The Road" - post movie get together/discussion?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

This looks like a pretty intense SHTF scenario.

It appears that it is now scheduled (for real!) to open on Nov 25th.

Anyone interested in a post movie get together and discussion of the movie?

Regards,

Doug

PS - I put this here due to the nature of the movies topic. If this belongs in another area, oops, sorry.

D.Kupp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Denzel's is The Book of Eli where "Eli" becomes "bELIeve"...

They both look interesting. Vigo's looks GOOD and Denzel's looks neat.

Streakyzero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I have read the book "The Road" and I really hope the movie stays close to the book! It was good but the whole story read more like a poem than a story. It was what I would call a "hard" read!

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I just finshed the book and it was very solid. My only complaint was how there was
    no back drop as to what happen to cause every thing to turn out like that

That was what I liked about it. It didn't waste time with the HOW it happened, only about what happens AFTER. You can imagine it to be any end-of-world scenario you prefer.

How the father & son attempt to survive is the gripping gist of the story.

As far as having a movie discussion, I'll bet that takes place on this forum. We've already posted about four or five threads about this book already....there's alot of members interested.

052.5GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Columbus
    Has anyone seen it??

doesnt come out till the 25th.

I will definitely be seeing it. I read the book last year and tore through it. From the looks of the trailor it looks like it will have alittle more action than the book had.

I also like the fact that the book didnt go into detail about what happened. Just with how they are going to try to survive now.

I would be up for a chat/discussion about it after it shows though.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I plan on watching it. I've read the book, and I liked it.

Given the amount of ash they're dealing with in the book, I would say the backdrop would be a "yellowstone popped" sort of scenario. But thats just my opinion.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    While I was watching the movie trailer on youtube and came across a link in one of the comments where you can watch “The Road” at freemovielinks.us

I clicked on the movie link but stopped when they asked for my cell phone number. If someone is braver than me let us know how/if it works.

Bucky

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    While I was watching the movie trailer on youtube and came across a link in one of the comments where you can watch “The Road” at freemovielinks.us

I clicked on the movie link but stopped when they asked for my cell phone number. If someone is DUMBER than me let us know how/if it works.

Bucky

Fixed it for ya.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I read the book and just saw the trailer. It looks like it follows the storyline of the book fairly well. Typically you don't see that. I don't remember a woman (aka Charlize Theron) in the book though but it's been awhile...

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I read the book the day it came out and thought it was pretty good. I am nervous to see the movie since they tend to never come close to the magic of the book. Hopefully this was decently done, but the initial murmurings I hear are if you read it, you will be dissappointed.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I have read the book "The Road" and I really hope the movie stays close to the book! It was good but the whole story read more like a poem than a story. It was what I would call a "hard" read!

Yeah...The book wasn't meant to be a "survivalist" book, it was meant to be about the father and sons relationship, and the fathers pain.

It was the saddest book I've ever read - seriously.

I get the feeling they are going to mess up the movie from those previews.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    :dunno: I cannot find the movie anywhere in Indiana. Wanted to see it yesterday and it was showing nowhere in my area. I inquired with the theater and they didn't even have it on their new movie list. Closest theater that she could find it in was Ohio :n00b:

Top Bottom