• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm curious where the community stands on going into debt to make sure you have the necessary items for both self defense and home defense (and perhaps even emergency preparedness). **Dave Ramsey just felt a menacing chill down his spine.**

I imagine a large number amount of folks can outright buy what they want, when they want without needed to carry debt to do so.

But for those that can't... Is it worth it to you to carry debt to make sure you are properly equipped for defense situations?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm curious where the community stands on going into debt to make sure you have the necessary items for both self defense and home defense (and perhaps even emergency preparedness). **Dave Ramsey just felt a menacing chill down his spine.**

I imagine a large number amount of folks can outright buy what they want, when they want without needed to carry debt to do so.

But for those that can't... Is it worth it to you to carry debt to make sure you are properly equipped for defense situations?
    No. LEarn to use what you have, upgrade when you can.

XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    No. Do not go into debt. Find a liberal-puke politician, and claim that you are oppressed because you can't afford proper self-defense. Soon enough, they will be handing out guns and ammo along with all the other liberal-puke giveaways. "Vote for me! I believe in free guns for everyone!"
    That will be the day.

XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Don't borrow money to buy "things you WANT" and you won't have to borrow money to buy the things you really do NEED.

Sounds to me you still haven't figured out the difference in the two.
    This is a hypothetical question out of interest in how the community views worthy debt vs uncessary debt, not a real situation I find myself in presently!

I don't have or know much, but learning self control was an invaluable lesson learned early. I will admit in younger years I made a mistake or two with a credit card, those mistakes helped to inform my firm stance now.

Ultimately, what I think I'm getting at is ahead of the election, a large number of folks will be panic buying their hearts out. Ammo, guns, kit & various gear, etc. I think fear (rational or irrational) plays a great deal in these cycles of folks overextended ones finances and it should be discussed openly.

Edit to include: This train of thought started when I received an email from sgammo titled "demand for ammo spikes up." This perceived (or very real ahead of the election) rise in demand will drive a fear response that will have some pulling out the credit cards to stockpile. What else will they start to think they need and panic buy?

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    This is a hypothetical question out of interest in how the community views worthy debt vs uncessary debt, not a real situation I find myself in presently!

I don't have or know much, but learning self control was an invaluable lesson learned early. I will admit in younger years I made a mistake or two with a credit card, those mistakes helped to inform my firm stance now.

Ultimately, what I think I'm getting at is ahead of the election, a large number of folks will be panic buying their hearts out. Ammo, guns, kit & various gear, etc. I think fear (rational or irrational) plays a great deal in these cycles of folks overextended ones finances and it should be discussed openly.

Edit to include: This train of thought started when I received an email from sgammo titled "demand for ammo spikes up." This perceived (or very real ahead of the election) rise in demand will drive a fear response that will have some pulling out the credit cards to stockpile. What else will they start to think they need and panic buy?
    I don't think they will, the time to panic buy has been here for a while and folks haven't bought.

The typical American consumer is broke. Just look at the classifieds here, many nice items that aren't selling...

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I don't think they will, the time to panic buy has been here for a while and folks haven't bought.

The typical American consumer is broke. Just look at the classifieds here, many nice items that aren't selling...
    that is how the politicos planned it.

"can't have those pesky patriots getting uppity"

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Personally I'm holding off selling anything until after the election and inauguration, depending on result.

I would say invest in reloading, but supplies are getting more expensive rapidly. Still, while I can pay $1 a round for 10 mm or $2 for 300WM, I can reload for a fraction of that.

Just do what the government does and run up debt without any intention of ever paying it back.
    1727977087361.png

Top Bottom