• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skseifert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Boggstown
    So I got a good carry gun now - Sig p230. Bought an inexpensive Uncle Mikes in the pants holster, and in just not satisfied. Want to carry fairly concealed, but comfortable. Any suggestions?

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    For OWB I like the Bianchi Shadow II, I like that they ride close and high and the draw just feels natural. I've got one for my G26 and one for my PM9 which my Para Ordnance Carry 9 also fits in.
    For IWB I like the Fist holsters ultra thin, #1K with a clip.
    For OWB a good belt makes all the difference in carrying. JMO

:ingo:

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    For your relatively small pistol, I'd steer you towards a High Noon Holster's Split Decision or a Hidden Ally.

The Split decision is "tuckable" with a 15* forward cant.

The Hidden Ally isn't tuckable, but with the 15* forward cant. Otherwise, they're identical holsters.

They're leather. Well made. And have great customer service. They're not, however, molded to your pistol. As you wear them, your body heat, moisture, and belt pressure serve to sort of mold the holster to your pistol. It'll never end up as nicely molded as one that's been boned/tooled to fit your pistol...but they do just fine.

-J-

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I just bought a Crossbreed Supertuck. I previously had a Uncle Mike's IWB and the Crossbreed is a huge improvement. It is much more comfortable and the cant is adjustable.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Question about the supertuck...the holster seems to put a large panel of leather against your body...does this make you sweat a lot? Seems like the holster would only be good for carry behind the hip due to such a large panel, is 3:00 carry possible?

The supertuck is very flexible once it is broke in you won't even notice it is on you. Also, they have a HorseHide option that is supposed to mitigate the sweating issue.

I personally have no issues with sweating - I also always wear an undershirt.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    For my G26, I'm very happy with my Galco "Ultimate Second Amendment" tuckable IWB. Good price, and very, very discreet, with only a small plastic J-hook under the belt to give any clue it's there.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I second the Supertuck although I haven't used mine lately because it makes a weird creaking sound when I walk or shift my body weight.:dunno:

Maybe I need to condition the leather?

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Question about the supertuck...the holster seems to put a large panel of leather against your body...does this make you sweat a lot? Seems like the holster would only be good for carry behind the hip due to such a large panel, is 3:00 carry possible?

Sweating hasn't been an issue for me, but I usually wear an undershirt. I carry anywhere between 3 and 4 o' clock without a problem.

I second the Supertuck although I haven't used mine lately because it makes a weird creaking sound when I walk or shift my body weight.:dunno:

I've tried mink oil a couple times without much change. I'm thinking of trying leather conditioner or baseball glove oil next.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I have yet to have a single peep outta my MTAC after 4 or 5 months of nearly constant use. My new Columbia hiking boots? Different story. The mesh upper squeeks...:rolleyes:

basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    Crossbreed. It is leather on one side and Kydex on the other. Very comfortable and your shirt can be tucked making it very concealable.

Top Bottom