The people you think should know...DON'T!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Ha me of course, but shhh don't tell her. She hasn't ever shot before, but she got the hang of it pretty quickly. My center of mass shots were well grouped, but when I was aiming for the head they seemed to break down to the right. Any advice.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I had my first handgun, and carried before I was 21. The pistol was a gift from my father. If they are going to run a range, they need to know the laws period!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ha me of course, but shhh don't tell her. She hasn't ever shot before, but she got the hang of it pretty quickly. My center of mass shots were well grouped, but when I was aiming for the head they seemed to break down to the right. Any advice.

According to this:

analysis.jpg

IF you were shooting right handed only, your problem would appear to be squeezing the grip with your whole hand when pulling the trigger. Try to develop a solid grip, but one in which, when you fire, only your trigger finger moves. If you can find a safe location to do so, try some dry fire, it helps. You might also do a "ball and dummy" drill. If you're flinching, that will both diagnose and treat the error, but you'll need that other person there to help you do it by loading your mags for you.

A Ball and Dummy drill, in case you don't know or in case someone else reading doesn't, is when the shooter is given a magazine with either one round or several in it, but interspersed with the live rounds are some snap caps. In theory, you should be surprised when each shot "breaks", that is, a nice, smooth, easy trigger squeeze, annnnnnndBANG! If you don't know it's coming and you're squeezing straight back like you're supposed to, the gun should not move one fraction of an inch in any direction. If the pistol moves and the only thing in it is a snap cap, it's fair to say that that move, that time, is not a result of recoil but one of muscle control or lack thereof. Keep doing it until that movement goes away, then have the person loading your mag give you another live round or two.

This works wonders at curing the flinch. Good luck.

Blessings,
    Bill

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Too many bangers go to Debs from what Ive seen. You might be better off somewhere else so maybe hes doing you a favor

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Too many bangers go to Debs from what Ive seen. You might be better off somewhere else so maybe hes doing you a favor

I agree with you there. Not one to sterotype, but there was some there. I could see where I may be flinching I don't really feel like I am though. It only seemed that my shot was breaking down and to the right when I was aiming for the head. :ar15:

Top Bottom