The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Agreed. It feels more like "certain disaster averted" than "victory".

Exactly. Hillary obviously would have been bad for 2A, and various other things.

Trump has a lot of his views that need work, and ideally GOP congress won't fall lock-step with these bad views. I think he's going to cause some damage, but unlikely on the level that she would have.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "Upon advice of counsel, I decline to make any statement on the grounds it may tend to incriminate me."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've never been a Trump fan. I've made no secret of that, but when he became the nominee, with HRC on the other side, he was the guy. I'm glad he won. Very glad. He chose a good running-mate in Pence and I hope the rest of his cabinet choices are as wise. With the right people around him, and if he is willing to listen, he could be a good president.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Holy crap. Guy on CNN just said hitlary will retreat into her faith and read her bible she always carries with her...... right next to her hot sauce.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I've never been a Trump fan. I've made no secret of that, but when he became the nominee, with HRC on the other side, he was the guy. I'm glad he won. Very glad. He chose a good running-mate in Pence and I hope the rest of his cabinet choices are as wise. With the right people around him, and if he is willing to listen, he could be a good president.
    I am a little worried. At some point, I was watching a discussion that he might appoint a couple of family members to cabinet positions.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    To those that keep talking about race. He outperformed Romney in that category.

Cw1T_OsVIAATW9m.jpg:small

Cw1T_OoUsAA-LX8.jpg:small

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'll have to admit, my joy at seeing Hillary losing causes me great joy. I honestly pray, Trump does what his supporters believed he woould do and stand for.

Bye Hillary! At least you've got your millions and millions of dollars of corrupt/crony/blood money to keep you company for the rest of your life. I hope you finally get the joy and justice you deserve.

:yesway:

OK...who stayed up all night? :)

I'll admit as the states came rolling in and looked like Hillary was going down, I stayed up later than I wanted to. When it stalled at 254 and some analyst on Fox said they might not get to call any more states for a long time, I went on to sleep. :)

I was up until 4am, but that's only 2 hours later than usual for me.

Trump has some rhetoric to stand behind now.

That's par for the course, but hopefully President Trump is a bit more...thoughtful...than Candidate Trump.

If they don't support him, then they have not learned the lesson that was taught by this election. People don't like the establishment politicians. They're tired of business (corruption) as usual, and they're tired of their voices not being heard. They were heard loud and clear last night. It is up to the establishment to learn from this, or ignore it at their own peril.

How many establishment Republicans lost Congressional or state level races?

I think that may be overly optimistic. I hope you are correct, but I have been watching the federal government for a long time...the government has a way of corrupting the people that touch it. Obama was going to end the wars and close Guantanamo...until he got a taste of "War President" power.

Taste of "powers" or taste of reality. It's real easy to say "I'll close Gitmo." It's a whole 'nother thing to actually deal with closing Gitmo, etc.

I place the over-under for the HRC pardon at Friday, January 13th.

Sure would take a lot of pressure off Trump.

So this is kinda interesting.

2012 total votes: 65,915,795 (Obama) + 60,933,50 (Romney) = 126,846,299

2016 total votes (current NYT reporting): 59,042,671 (Trump) + 59,181,266 (HRC) = 118,223,937

Roughly 8M fewer votes.

That seems meaningful.

HRC was not a popular candidate. There was a lot of nose holding and "better than Trump" talk, same as there was here for Trump. Some actual supporters, a lot of "better than the other one" and a dollop of leaving the top line blank on the ballot.

I think it's more likely they stayed home because they couldn't stomach voting for her.

This.

A couple of times on Fox last night, one of them mentioned evangelicals turned out in the largest numbers since...Methuselah wore short pants.

NPR radio mentioned it as well, one of the bigger surprises to me.

I think it is bigger than that.

Looking at the Republican side, Hamilton county voting is insightful, IMHO:
    Hamilton County Election Results

Every statewide Republican got more votes than Trump/Pence (87,299) and even the Congressional district outperformed them:
    Holcomb (90,266)
    Young (92,655)
    Hill (102,936) (dang!)
    McCormick (92,956)
    Brooks (102,857)

Trump won without traditional Republican support, with a mix of new (or at least hadn't voted in awhile) and crossover voters.

BTW, that impacts the polling. If a pollster calls and someone hasn't voted in a certain number of years (depends on the polling company), they aren't considered a likely voter. If Trump resurrected dormant voters, that could be a partial explanation of the polling problem.

I know quite a few (R) and (D) who claim to have left the POTUS box empty on the ballot. I did. I really thought turn out would be quite low. I guess we're getting mixed messages because yesterday I kept hearing about "historic turnout"...now that looks more like I was right.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I woke up this morning on the West Coast. The marijuana bill passed. But it looked like further gun restrictions also passed.

Having had some sleep, it has become clear to me that Trump may, in fact, be a genius. Never underestimate an opponent. His fabrications and poor grammar belie a man who has turned out to be a brilliant tactician. He gambled everything with his approach. And won.

Of course, an armadillo with leprosy is more loved in this country than Hillary. Some of us forgot that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom