• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    We're surviving. The stove/oven is fine although the oven sets off the smoke detectors now. Probably just burning something off. My kitchen is still functional for the most part. I can still wash dishes and the fridge is untouched. Most of my appliances are ok. Trigger Time gave us a microwave today (ours was half melted) so I have that now. My fryer and my crock pot were spared. I just need to replace my Keurig (my sister has one for me) and my mixer (which is what started the fire we think). The kitchen will more than likely have to have countertops, cabinets, walls and ceiling replaced. Oh and a window. It's gone. Hamilton Beach responded to my email today and they are sending me a box so that I can ship the mixer to them along with details of what is damaged and pictures. State Farm will be here Thursday to assess the damage. It's been one hell of a ride.

Oh and we got robbed again tonight. Sadly I was in the bathroom relieving my bladder. Had I been the one at the register it would have been messy
    Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn RnR *** I'm sry to hear all this - hope it all turns around for ya !

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Me too, for 14 more minutes!! :rockwoot:

Drive safe on the way home...

We're surviving. The stove/oven is fine although the oven sets off the smoke detectors now. Probably just burning something off. My kitchen is still functional for the most part. I can still wash dishes and the fridge is untouched. Most of my appliances are ok. Trigger Time gave us a microwave today (ours was half melted) so I have that now. My fryer and my crock pot were spared. I just need to replace my Keurig (my sister has one for me) and my mixer (which is what started the fire we think). The kitchen will more than likely have to have countertops, cabinets, walls and ceiling replaced. Oh and a window. It's gone. Hamilton Beach responded to my email today and they are sending me a box so that I can ship the mixer to them along with details of what is damaged and pictures. State Farm will be here Thursday to assess the damage. It's been one hell of a ride.

Oh and we got robbed again tonight. Sadly I was in the bathroom relieving my bladder. Had I been the one at the register it would have been messy

Hell! That's what, the 7th time the place been robbed since Jan 1st?

didn't even use an alarm to get up either. I jut woke up. But the alarm would have gone off shortly after 6 anyway

I always hated waking up early, I find it so hard to do...

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    damn, I'm glad no one was hurt last night. That is ****ing scary. seriously, think about locking those outside doors and use a button to let people in

I'm glad the fire wasn't worse. I hope Hamilton Beach steps up and does something too.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn RnR *** I'm sry to hear all this - hope it all turns around for ya !

We're alive. The only damage is in the kitchen (a little smoke damage in the living room and down the hallway but nothing some paint won't fix....very minimal). We're really lucky that SNS was home and crazy enough to try and put the fire out. We may well have lost everything otherwise. The kids happened to be at the sitter's that night so they didn't have to deal with what I'm sure would be a traumatic experience for them. All in all I can't complain. We were extremely fortunate

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The vodka bottle. This past week has been nothing but stress piled on top of more stress. I was trying to be good but I had to do something to decompress

I'm not a fan of vodka, nor do I have any rum/whiskey/beer to share a drink with you at this time, I hope everything turns around for you.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    damn, I'm glad no one was hurt last night. That is ****ing scary. seriously, think about locking those outside doors and use a button to let people in

I'm glad the fire wasn't worse. I hope Hamilton Beach steps up and does something too.

Yeah they keep saying we're getting a security system but nothing yet :rolleyes:

I've taken to carrying every day at work. I could lose my job over it but I would rather be fired than dead

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    We're alive. The only damage is in the kitchen (a little smoke damage in the living room and down the hallway but nothing some paint won't fix....very minimal). We're really lucky that SNS was home and crazy enough to try and put the fire out. We may well have lost everything otherwise. The kids happened to be at the sitter's that night so they didn't have to deal with what I'm sure would be a traumatic experience for them. All in all I can't complain. We were extremely fortunate

my girls were about their age when we had a fire in the chimney for our wood stove. It turned ugly and smokey fast. it was traumatic for them, so I am so glad your girls didn't have to go through that

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yeah they keep saying we're getting a security system but nothing yet :rolleyes:

I've taken to carrying every day at work. I could lose my job over it but I would rather be fired than dead

the way you said getting ugly if you had been at the register, I figured that. You know the secret is safe here. we've all done it I am sure

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm not a fan of vodka, nor do I have any rum/whiskey/beer to share a drink with you at this time, I hope everything turns around for you.

Everything will be fine. It always is. My momma taught me a LONG time ago that all things happen for a reason. We may not know the reason until years later but there's a grand scheme. We'll get by. The only stuff we lost was just that....stuff. Who cares? We're all safe and that's what matters. Had it not been for the dogs barking I would have lost my entire house and my husband with it. I'm good :)

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    my girls were about their age when we had a fire in the chimney for our wood stove. It turned ugly and smokey fast. it was traumatic for them, so I am so glad your girls didn't have to go through that

I burnt my older sister's room down once...blankets over lamp isn't a good idea btw.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    the way you said getting ugly if you had been at the register, I figured that. You know the secret is safe here. we've all done it I am sure

It's no secret. All of my employees know. I have a feeling that my boss knows. I don't care. They can't afford to fire me anyway since Eric left. I work 7 days a week now and we STILL need more people

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    It's no secret. All of my employees know. I have a feeling that my boss knows. I don't care. They can't afford to fire me anyway since Eric left. I work 7 days a week now and we STILL need more people

Maybe I should work there too...between the two of us, I think we can scare the **** out of those scumbags

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Tell work you need a day off, tell sns you need time away. Go do something for you. Girl you're gonna kill yourself

I can't. He got his hours cut. If I don't work 7 days a week we can't pay the bills. It's just temporary. Security work always sucks in the winter. This summer he'll be killing himself with overtime. But I have to to what I have to do to take care of my family for the time being. I hate it, but it has to be done

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom