mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Store bought just ain't the same...people up here think a "Decker Melon" is a brand...really it is a melon grown in Decker, IN...them's good eatin

We have an older guy near us that grows a lot of produce. Has a farm wagon in his front yard with a money box on it...honor system. Write down what you take and put your money in the box. Ring the doorbell if you need change. He grows really good sweet corn, watermelon, cantaloupe. I let him grow the stuff he does way better than me and use my garden space for what I know I can grow here. His prices are always cheap too.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    We have an older guy near us that grows a lot of produce. Has a farm wagon in his front yard with a money box on it...honor system. Write down what you take and put your money in the box. Ring the doorbell if you need change. He grows really good sweet corn, watermelon, cantaloupe. I let him grow the stuff he does way better than me and use my garden space for what I know I can grow here. His prices are always cheap too.

My cousin used to do that in Terre Haute, now they have grown and have a greenhouse full of flowers and veggies and they have a "store" of sorts

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I milked a cow on a field trip once...:dunno:
    :ugh: actually I've never milked a cow, just goats. Grandpa got rid of all the cattle long before I was thought of, but I've milked my share of goats, brushed a lot of horses, and picked up many an egg, not to mention getting attacked by the damn rooster, but after that grandma made fried chicken for dinner... Yummy!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :ugh: actually I've never milked a cow, just goats. Grandpa got rid of all the cattle long before I was thought of, but I've milked my share of goats, brushed a lot of horses, and picked up many an egg, not to mention getting attacked by the damn rooster, but after that grandma made fried chicken for dinner... Yummy!

I've been attacked by swans, those things are evil!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom