• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It just comes with the territory. I'm a pretty patient person and I don't let things get to me so I can handle it. At the end of the night I just laugh about it and feel sorry for people who act like that
    I always got a good laugh out of it and was careful not to let it get to me.

To be honest, I tend to be a bit passive aggressive and I tend to get joy out of telling somebody to f*** off without actually saying f*** off.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    All too often people get pissy over stupid ****, often of their own doing. I've dealt with people like this my entire working life. I'm so glad that I'm not in "retail" anymore.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

To be honest, I tend to be a bit passive aggressive and I tend to get joy out of telling somebody to f*** off without actually saying f*** off.
    Ever consider becoming a mod? :)

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis

:+1: I think it almost makes people like that even more mad when you're totally calm about it and act like it doesn't bother you at all. The calmer and nicer I was the more she screamed. It was pretty hilarious

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy

I may or may not have done that a few times over the years. It can be very satisfying.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    All too often people get pissy over stupid ****, often of their own doing. I've dealt with people like this my entire working life. I'm so glad that I'm not in "retail" anymore.

The worst part is that when people call me or come in with a problem and they calmly and nicely explain to me what it wrong, I'm likely to help them even more. Oh you were missing an order of breadsticks? Here's two fresh orders and a two liter. It's simple really. Just be nice and I'll go above and beyond

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    The worst part is that when people call me or come in with a problem and they calmly and nicely explain to me what it wrong, I'm likely to help them even more. Oh you were missing an order of breadsticks? Here's two fresh orders and a two liter. It's simple really. Just be nice and I'll go above and beyond

Absolutely!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ever consider becoming a mod? :)
    I've moderated and administered many forums - was a mod on the Allpar.com forums for a while and also on TheAdminZone. I also admin our own company forums but it's not nearly as busy as here :).

That said - I did offer to help out if it was needed - talked to Fenway at the 1500 last year sometime and I guess the help isn't needed because my offer was never followed up on :).

I'm on INGO enough [since I work on the computer, I browse forums while I work] that I'd be happy to help as much as I can if it's needed but I'm not losing any sleep over not being abused either!

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    There are quite a few people who realize this about me by now. They're always polite and they understand that we're all human and mistakes happen. I hook them up. The lady from last night has already been blocked from my system and will not be served anymore

Good for you! Too many time this type of behavior is "rewarded." Sometimes green is more important than respecting employees.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just buzzwords spoken to evoke emotion. Many people don't have conviction in much of anything anymore. Just rattle off whatever sounds good based on what they see or hear others say.

Well to say you're rude because of your race does NOT help anything. In fact it helps to create a stereotype. And those are ridiculous

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Well to say you're rude because of your race does NOT help anything. In fact it helps to create a stereotype. And those are ridiculous

Agreed. They don't think much about what they say. They don't really bother with checking themselves if they believe what they say. They are only concerned that YOU believe what they say, and that it somehow will affect you and justify their behavior. It's just bizarre IMO. Serious insecurity.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I've moderated and administered many forums - was a mod on the Allpar.com forums for a while and also on TheAdminZone. I also admin our own company forums but it's not nearly as busy as here :).

That said - I did offer to help out if it was needed - talked to Fenway at the 1500 last year sometime and I guess the help isn't needed because my offer was never followed up on :).

I'm on INGO enough [since I work on the computer, I browse forums while I work] that I'd be happy to help as much as I can if it's needed but I'm not losing any sleep over not being abused either!

I was jesting (with respect to the previous comment only).
    Awesome that you contacted Fenway. My guess is he was busy wrangling us noob moderators at that time... certainly worth a revisit, he's a pretty busy guy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom