• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Driver forgot to take an order of breadsticks to someone. A man called to let me know. I offered to either have the driver bring them some breadsticks or to credit their account. Told him it was totally up to him. He asked for the breadsticks. Ok no problem. I told him that I would make him some fresh ones and that as soon as a driver got back I would send them out. All was well.

A few minutes later his wife called. She was irate. She wanted to know exactly when the driver would be back. I told her I wasn't sure since he was out on more than one delivery but it shouldn't be long and then I would send him out with fresh hot breadsticks. She told me to stop being a rude smartass (huh????) and hung up.

A few minutes later she calls back AGAIN and says she's coming to get her breadsticks. I told her that was fine. She AGAIN told me to stop being rude and that I better be smiling when she got there.

Fast forward 20 minutes and she shows up asking who the rude b**** on the phone was. I told her it was me and that I had no intention of being rude. She then cussed me out, called me every name in the book, and told me to come out to the parking lot so she could "beat my ass". THEN she said she had a right to be rude because she's 35 years old and her mother is black. I don't know how age or race gives you a right to be rude but whatever. So I gave her some fresh breadsticks and told her that I'm very sorry but that my store will no longer be able to serve her. She lost it. She was screaming and cussing and threatening me. I just kept saying "goodbye ma'am...have a nice evening" as her husband was almost pushing her out the door. She was screaming at me all the way to her car. Customers were inside at the time laughing at her making a fool of herself.

All over breadsticks. Really???
    Epic.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    It is all to rare these days to find many who actually enjoy their jobs.
    I consider myself lucky in this respect. Age is taking it's toll on my eagerness, but I still enjoy it, and wouldn't know what else to do.

RnR, sorry to hear about that customer. I think all people should work in service industries at least once, so they'd learn how to act as customers.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I consider myself lucky in this respect. Age is taking it's toll on my eagerness, but I still enjoy it, and wouldn't know what else to do.

RnR, sorry to hear about that customer. I think all people should work in service industries at least once, so they'd learn how to act as customers.

Many do, they get treated this way so they think it is ok to do it to others. Sad, really.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis

I'm used to it. At the end of the night it doesn't matter. Tomorrow is always another day. And I do deal with some really great people as well. Most of them are fine to be honest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom