Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    do you know anyone that does duct cleaning for a decent price? or just anyone that can be trusted to do it right? with all the animals here we need it so bad, just can't afford much right now.

I will check into that for you Mrs.G
    There is a lot you can do on your own but with the animals you do need the big sucker truck. That might help the boy out next winter.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I will check into that for you Mrs.G
    There is a lot you can do on your own but with the animals you do need the big sucker truck. That might help the boy out next winter.

thanks cm, I am tucking small amounts aside to get this done, still a ways off on it yet. and yes, he is my main concern right now

I do pull the vent covers and vacuum as far down as I can reach monthly. Probably should do it more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    thanks cm, I am tucking small amounts aside to get this done, still a ways off on it yet. and yes, he is my main concern right now

I do pull the vent covers and vacuum as far down as I can reach monthly. Probably should do it more.

One day this summer I will swing by and take you furnace apart....show you how to do it and clean that up for you. It will help and once you see how easy it is you can do it on your own.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    That's something I really need to do. I have lived here since Dec 07 and have never had the ductwork cleaned. With 2 Cats and those damned Chihuahuas I'm sure there is lots of hair in there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's something I really need to do. I have lived here since Dec 07 and have never had the ductwork cleaned. With 2 Cats and those damned Chihuahuas I'm sure there is lots of hair in there.

We are planning to replace the Furnace and duct work in total this year. It is all in the attic and easily accessible. I need to modify it anyway since the house was remodeled in 96. Little was done with the duct.
    No pets but it used to have a direct water mist humidifier and there is calcium build up in the plenum and some of the flex,

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom