• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Now what happens if she gives the cashier the $8 soup and salad receipt she got earlier that she never turned in?

Not possible where I worked. We didn't turn anything in until the end of the night. The computer kept track of everything we rang in, which tickets were paid with cash and which were paid with credit, how much we were tipped on credit cards, etc. There was no way for us to deceive the system there. And even in the case you're talking about, no one would notice that it was a huge meal instead of soup and salad? How do you ring things into the kitchen without it being in your system somewhere?

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Not possible where I worked. We didn't turn anything in until the end of the night. The computer kept track of everything we rang in, which tickets were paid with cash and which were paid with credit, how much we were tipped on credit cards, etc. There was no way for us to deceive the system there. And even in the case you're talking about, no one would notice that it was a huge meal instead of soup and salad? How do you ring things into the kitchen without it being in your system somewhere?
    How do keep track of the cash? By what the waitress rings up right? If she rings up a $8 meal that was really a $50 meal, how would you find out? With cash the only paper trail is the receipt. That the waitress punches in!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Yeah if you just left the kitchen with a $50 meal the cashier is waiting for you to show up with $50. :dunno:
    I dont see how this scam is possible, unless the waitress had the $50 meal made in a van across the street, and not in the kitchen.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How do keep track of the cash? By what the waitress rings up right? If she rings up a $8 meal that was really a $50 meal, how would you find out? With cash the only paper trail is the receipt. That the waitress punches in!

If she rings up a $8 meal then the guy who actually ordered a $50 gets no food and he's not going to pay for nothing. :dunno:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

I think it depends on the ordering system. So many restaurants now have the server order the meal via computer and that computer ticket/order is what the kitchen uses to prepare the meal. Once it is ordered and in the system, the server would have to enter payment of some form, and I'm not sure how you trick the system in that scenario.

I worked at a restaurant for a while that did not use a computerized system. It would have been very easy to do the sort of thing you are talking about. A verbal order or handwritten ticket to the kitchen to prepare the food. Collect the money and punch in something of lesser value when ringing it up in the register and pocketing the rest. We still have a number of restaurants in our area where it is done that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom