• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Yeah, I bet. I'm down a few lbs myself, treadmilling about 3 times a week and eating better...and not as much :40oz:
    Seen a older man , bout 70yrs old jogging on the beach the other day. Thought to myself how can I get that motivated? Then I thought about the AWSOME restaurant they had at the hotel!! Oh well!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Seen a older man , bout 70yrs old jogging on the beach the other day. Thought to myself how can I get that motivated? Then I thought about the AWSOME restaurant they had at the hotel!! Oh well!

My grandpa gets up at like 4:30am and goes to the gym probably 5 times a week. I tell him he's crazy...I'll stay up til 5am before I get up at 5am.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My work has always had a physical aspect. Ladders/lifting/long walks carrying tools and such. Kept me somewhat fit. Used to hit the Gym 3 days a week and ran 4 to 6 miles every morning. Hurt my ankle severly in my early 30's and all that just stopped. Could not slalom ski anymore that summer and the gym was out. Just never picked that back up.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    When I worked in the back at a furniture store loading and unloading furniture I was in pretty good shape. Then I became a field technician at my current employer, on construction sites walking around and testing soils and concrete, gained a little weight but not a lot. Then I got promoted to lab technician, inside still testing stuff but less movement and walking around. Now I'm a project manager and sit at a desk most of the time. The weight come one pretty quick...it didn't help that I had a bachelor party, wedding and honeymoon in the last year too...I'm sure that was more than a few lbs added.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    When I worked in the back at a furniture store loading and unloading furniture I was in pretty good shape. Then I became a field technician at my current employer, on construction sites walking around and testing soils and concrete, gained a little weight but not a lot. Then I got promoted to lab technician, inside still testing stuff but less movement and walking around. Now I'm a project manager and sit at a desk most of the time. The weight come one pretty quick...it didn't help that I had a bachelor party, wedding and honeymoon in the last year too...I'm sure that was more than a few lbs added.

Tis why I like the more active jobs than this one. I sit at a desk instead of walking a patrol.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My work has always had a physical aspect. Ladders/lifting/long walks carrying tools and such. Kept me somewhat fit. Used to hit the Gym 3 days a week and ran 4 to 6 miles every morning. Hurt my ankle severly in my early 30's and all that just stopped. Could not slalom ski anymore that summer and the gym was out. Just never picked that back up.
    I've layed brick for 34 yrs. but recently been a Forman for the last 5 yrs. Watching people lay brick isn't as strenuous then actually doing it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom