mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I planned on tying it down between the wheel humps right over the axle as not to create a lever with the truck body itself [i.e. reducing downward pressure in the front or increasing it [and, as such, not putting as much weight over the back wheels].

I tend to over-think...

500 pounds of anything slamming into something else is going to cause some damage. Hopefully the hinge is OK - I know the tailgate on my truck comes off pretty easily- you undo the tailgate and take it down to like 45 degrees and pull off the one side then back up to like 60 degrees and the other side slides off. It's difficult enough it won't happen on accident but simple enough that it's not a pain.

That said - thankfully he was OK.

When I about spun out there were light poles on either side of the road. Thankfully I've practiced [a lot, several hours per week every winter] on slides and controlling them so I didn't panic and got it back under control and straightened out...

That said - I am not sure I like this new fangled traction control system on my truck... I can see how it would help an idiot that has no clue what they're doing but I almost felt like I was fighting traction control to regain control myself. Anybody else old-school ever experience this or am I nuts?

His tailgate is toast...it ripped it in half right down the middle. My son was doing donuts in the crown vic in the wal-mart parking lot last week...was having a lot of fun.

I hate my antilock brakes...hate them with a passion. My Jimmy is the first vehicle I've ever had that has them, and I just hate them. Next vehicle will be a mid-70's cutlass supreme if I can find one! That was my first car and I want another one. Hubby says I can't go any newer than my 99 I have now cause they are junk and he hates working on them. I can go older though :):

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I planned on tying it down between the wheel humps right over the axle as not to create a lever with the truck body itself [i.e. reducing downward pressure in the front or increasing it [and, as such, not putting as much weight over the back wheels].

I tend to over-think...

500 pounds of anything slamming into something else is going to cause some damage. Hopefully the hinge is OK - I know the tailgate on my truck comes off pretty easily- you undo the tailgate and take it down to like 45 degrees and pull off the one side then back up to like 60 degrees and the other side slides off. It's difficult enough it won't happen on accident but simple enough that it's not a pain.

That said - thankfully he was OK.

When I about spun out there were light poles on either side of the road. Thankfully I've practiced [a lot, several hours per week every winter] on slides and controlling them so I didn't panic and got it back under control and straightened out...

That said - I am not sure I like this new fangled traction control system on my truck... I can see how it would help an idiot that has no clue what they're doing but I almost felt like I was fighting traction control to regain control myself. Anybody else old-school ever experience this or am I nuts?
    I have no idea. the traction control and anti lock brakes on my car don't work. Im doing it old school style.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think I deserve a new gun...or some boxes of ammo...right? right? ...you guys are with me, right?

Always room for another gun and you can't have too much ammo. Hubby got a couple of boxes of 22 mag today. Too bad they were limiting to two boxes but at least he found some. Cabelas had it. We haven't had trouble getting 22LR for my pistol but mags are much harder to find it seems.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I like anti lock brakes on my Regal....when they worked that is.

Mine only work part time. Half the time the light is on so I know they aren't functioning. We had to replace the wheel bearing hubs and of course the replacements are made in China crap. Sensors are screwy and when they get wet, the abs light is on. I prefer to have control over the brakes myself. Have always driven rear wheel drive vehicles and I know how to drive them! LOL

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Mine only work part time. Half the time the light is on so I know they aren't functioning. We had to replace the wheel bearing hubs and of course the replacements are made in China crap. Sensors are screwy and when they get wet, the abs light is on. I prefer to have control over the brakes myself. Have always driven rear wheel drive vehicles and I know how to drive them! LOL

I need another RWD for the donuts they do! The van was supposed to fill that roll but I shot it.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I guess I am the only one, lol.

When I say traction control I'm not talking about ABS. I'm talking about the 'Traction Control System'.

My truck doesn't have it (which I am thankful for) but my car does and it throws me off every time the traction control kicks in...I know how to drive, I don't want my car to think for me.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    My truck doesn't have it (which I am thankful for) but my car does and it throws me off every time the traction control kicks in...I know how to drive, I don't want my car to think for me.
    I am, or was, able to disable the TC with a push of the button. Not anymore. It's permanently disabled

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom