Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    In the concrete and dirt business when the ground is frozen and it is snowing or raining we don't have a lot going on.

Today I worked on some proposals to set-up some new jobs and reviewed the budget on one of our current jobs, but that doesn't take 8 hrs.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    In the concrete and dirt business when the ground is frozen and it is snowing or raining we don't have a lot going on.

Today I worked on some proposals to set-up some new jobs and reviewed the budget on one of our current jobs, but that doesn't take 8 hrs.
    Got it. So you're working some big hrs. in the season. Makes sense.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Hello Caleb. Good evening, got the tank up and going?

Howdy...my 55 gal been up and at it, I redecorated it...still hate it. The 125 gallon tank is going to get a reseal and a 3D background, so it'd be a while before it gets running.

Also on the hunt for a job....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm back. We decided to go to Bailey's and see what bargains were to be found today. Bailey's Discount Center 200,000 SF under one roof...takes us hours to get through it but it is always fun. Got new windshield wiper blades for $1.99 each and some canned goods along with some other various deals that were just too good to pass up. It is probably not good that we live 15 minutes from this place.

Went out to lunch at Bass Lake first and then slid on over there to shop. Saw several places where people had slid off the road but had no problems getting around.

Son messaged to let me know he got home just fine from school. Got his new work schedule and got 39 hours so he's happy.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Howdy...my 55 gal been up and at it, I redecorated it...still hate it. The 125 gallon tank is going to get a reseal and a 3D background, so it'd be a while before it gets running.

Also on the hunt for a job....
    :runaway: I'll give you my overtime for a job, it's part time.

I'm back. We decided to go to Bailey's and see what bargains were to be found today. Bailey's Discount Center 200,000 SF under one roof...takes us hours to get through it but it is always fun. Got new windshield wiper blades for $1.99 each and some canned goods along with some other various deals that were just too good to pass up. It is probably not good that we live 15 minutes from this place.

Went out to lunch at Bass Lake first and then slid on over there to shop. Saw several places where people had slid off the road but had no problems getting around.

Son messaged to let me know he got home just fine from school. Got his new work schedule and got 39 hours so he's happy.
    :woot: kids gotta work.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :runaway: I'll give you my overtime for a job, it's part time.

:woot: kids gotta work.

39 hours should be a breeze for him. For six months he was working 40 hours a week at Tire Barn and another 50 hours a week at the CAT Recon plant in Franklin at the same time. He quit CAT because he was bored with it and didn't see a future there. He switched to WalMart because he was tired of dealing with the cold and working on cars/dirty stuff and Tire Barn wasn't going to be good about working with his school schedule. He has two friends from high school that have been at this WalMart for three years while going to school and assured him the pharmacy was a good place to be. He was waiting tables at Steak and Shake at night until about two weeks ago knowing that he was going to have to quit when school started.

He managed to get caught up on his bills while working the multiple jobs and has all the parts to put his motorcycle back together as well so I hope he can afford the school thing and less hours with his rent, etc. He is a worker so I'm pretty sure he will do what he can. He has one scholarship so far and is hoping to get some more.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Hey everyone. Stopped by Kroger on the way home from work, parking lot was packed but it wasn't as much of a mad house as I expected inside.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    39 hours should be a breeze for him. For six months he was working 40 hours a week at Tire Barn and another 50 hours a week at the CAT Recon plant in Franklin at the same time. He quit CAT because he was bored with it and didn't see a future there. He switched to WalMart because he was tired of dealing with the cold and working on cars/dirty stuff and Tire Barn wasn't going to be good about working with his school schedule. He has two friends from high school that have been at this WalMart for three years while going to school and assured him the pharmacy was a good place to be. He was waiting tables at Steak and Shake at night until about two weeks ago knowing that he was going to have to quit when school started.

He managed to get caught up on his bills while working the multiple jobs and has all the parts to put his motorcycle back together as well so I hope he can afford the school thing and less hours with his rent, etc. He is a worker so I'm pretty sure he will do what he can. He has one scholarship so far and is hoping to get some more.

Looks to be a good one.
    You did good Mom.....:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom