• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Whats funny is can see boobies at work now on your bookface page, at least I could. Apparently the nerd heard hasn't figured out a way to block that yet. :laugh:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    OMG What ???? Never !!!!!!
    thecollegefix.com by Mobify
    Apparently, it’s because people in some cultures don’t eat sandwich bread. Verenice Gutierrez, principal of Harvey Scott K-8 School in Portland explained in and interview with the Portland Tribune:

“Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year,” the Tribune said.
    “What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez asked. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    morning sam

I wasn't born, but I remember that day. My Mom was quick to point it out every year. She was in the hospital, or just getting out, after having my brother on the 18th. She had missed her soap operas all week because of being in the hospital then when she came home she missed them more because the president was shot and killed. Her 21st birthday and she had my brother, poor Mom.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Morning MrsG. Don't remember anything about it. At that time my dad worked at a Tractor & farm equipment dealership and my mom worked at the local Westinghouse plant. They were prob both at work when it happened.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom