• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Don't get me started. Farmers should not be exempt from traffic laws. A city street is not the propper place for slow moving and dangerously wide farm equipment. If they are moving equipment across town they should use a semi like everyone else. It seems like farmers choose the worst possible time to move equipment too. It never fails that I will see a farm vehicle careening down the road at dusk, dawn, or rush hour.

We do obey all traffic laws like everyone else. We stop at traffic signals and use turn signals. We have hazard lights on, lead vehicles, and slow vehicle signs attached to our equipment. You are just in too much of a hurry and don't like to be inconvienced one little bit. They usually don't pick the times to move equipment, but are moving because the work is done here and there is more work to be done over there. While you go home to enjoy your cold beverage and put your feet up, they are working long into the night to provide food for you. Try having a little empathy for those around you every once in a while.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    There are worse times to disobey a "no entry" sign

A few "no entry" signs actually have a little sign underneath that say "execpt cycles".
    I wont block a car even in a narrow street if I take a one way street the wrong way.
    I do respect stop signs and lights though.

cyclestreets38023-size640.jpg

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A few "no entry" signs actually have a little sign underneath that say "execpt cycles".
    I wont block a car even in a narrow street if I take a one way street the wrong way.
    I do respect stop signs and lights though.

cyclestreets38023-size640.jpg

I've never had a problem with cyclists except for the idiots that think they don't have any rules. They drive me insane

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    We do obey all traffic laws like everyone else. We stop at traffic signals and use turn signals. We have hazard lights on, lead vehicles, and slow vehicle signs attached to our equipment. You are just in too much of a hurry and don't like to be inconvienced one little bit.
    Wrong. Farmers get treated special. My father owns a semi and hauls heavy equipment. Nearly everyone but farmers have to pay a company to move their equipment. They also have to pay for oversized load permits. Farmers just drive their equipment down the street. You are right when you say that I don't like to be inconvenienced, because I shouldn't have to be. If farmers were treated like the rest of society and used semis to safely move equipment over longer distances my commute would be affected. I'm sick and tired of the plethora of exceptions to laws and special treatment that farmers get.

Why can I not drive a bulldozer to work, but you can drive a combine through the city? Put that equipment on a truck and everyone will have a safer commute.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wrong. Farmers get treated special. My father owns a semi and hauls heavy equipment. Nearly everyone but farmers have to pay a company to move their equipment. They also have to pay for oversized load permits. Farmers just drive their equipment down the street. You are right when you say that I don't like to be inconvenienced, because I shouldn't have to be. If farmers were treated like the rest of society and used semis to safely move equipment over longer distances my commute would be affected. I'm sick and tired of the plethora of exceptions to laws and special treatment that farmers get.

Why can I not drive a bulldozer to work, but you can drive a combine through the city?

I don't know where that is but I see construction equipment driving down the road all the time around here. :dunno:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Farm equipment has never really bothered me, but that's just me. Then again I grew up in an area where that was a pretty common sight and they were never on the road for very long. Usually just going from one field to another
    I don't have an issue with that. What I do have an issue with is a farmer driving his equipment from one side of my town of 60,000 to the other.

Im off to bed. :wavey:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom