Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    buying what ever I can afford to start off with and then eventually starting to reload as well once I can get the space.

you can reload lead and shoot through Glocks. You just want them to be tight. Or you just have to scrub them before going back to jacketed ammo. There are ways to do it though. Lots of the guys in the shooting sports section use Glocks and load tons of lead for shooting IDPA and USPSA so you might check in there or ask in there about it.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    you can reload lead and shoot through Glocks. You just want them to be tight. Or you just have to scrub them before going back to jacketed ammo. There are ways to do it though. Lots of the guys in the shooting sports section use Glocks and load tons of lead for shooting IDPA and USPSA so you might check in there or ask in there about it.
    Ill have to as Im planning on competing in FNS and other competitions once i get used to the gun. I wish there was a visually impaired catagory as there is in air rifle. I do have the stock night sights but im looking at replaceing them with suresights.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    It's mainly due to the Polygonal Rifling but a lot of companies use that type of rifling. HK for example has it in their pistols.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Youd have to do some research , im not sure if you can switch back and forth on a G22 , I know you can on a G23 (9mm,.40 .357sig )

I actually knew this already as I was actually offer the glock 22 or a sig p226 tatical. I figured since I would never be selling the gun cost doesnt matter and usability would win out. I was originally looking at a g26 a couple years back and saw that the .40sw glock could take a 9mm magizine and barrel. Ive heard you can even do the .357sig as well.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yes, as well as Storm Lake barrels. But if you load them properly, you can shoot lead out of a factory barrel just fine.

What do you mean by load them properly? I know Ill be taking the course thru Az????(cant remember how to spell his name) before starting.

I also love to document and experiment with combinations and possibly run simulations which is one reason why I like meteorology forecasting.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Just ask him, he should be able to tell you. You want the lead bullet to be sized correctly for that barrel and not undersized because you'll cause even more lead build-up.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    I actually knew this already as I was actually offer the glock 22 or a sig p226 tatical. I figured since I would never be selling the gun cost doesnt matter and usability would win out. I was originally looking at a g26 a couple years back and saw that the .40sw glock could take a 9mm magizine and barrel. Ive heard you can even do the .357sig as well.

I believe thats the G27 and not the G26 , it has to be a .40 to start with , if you have a G26 its a 9mm and the .40 barrel is to long

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy
    biggrin.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics