• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wanna give a cat a coronary? Attach a mildly interesting object to a blade of your ceiling fan by a length of string that's just out of its reach and turn it on the lowest speed. I've done it and I can tell you its HOURS of fun.

I would love to! Unfortunately I don't have a ceiling fan. I had the remnants of one in my living room (just the housing) when we moved in here so I bought one. Took the housing down and all the wires are shoved up in the ceiling. And I'm not motivated enough to climb around in the "God only knows what's up there" attic

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Absolutely. It's a very family friendly (and very 2A friendly) place. I take my kids a lot. Hope you can make it. The more the merrier!

I told my son that I'd buy his lunch so he seems willing. We need to work on his car in the morning so as long as that goes OK it should be no problem! :yesway:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I would love to! Unfortunately I don't have a ceiling fan. I had the remnants of one in my living room (just the housing) when we moved in here so I bought one. Took the housing down and all the wires are shoved up in the ceiling. And I'm not motivated enough to climb around in the "God only knows what's up there" attic

Don't know how you get by without them, I love my ceiling fans. Have them in every room upstairs except the bathroom

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

Fans are a requirement for me. None of the bedrooms in my house even had lights in the ceilings when we moved here. They all had switched outlets though so I used that circuit and added supported boxes to the ceiling so I could install fans. I even did it in the kitchen, although that was one room that already had a ceiling light fixture installed. I just had to add support to the junction box to hold a fan.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Don't know how you get by without them, I love my ceiling fans. Have them in every room upstairs except the bathroom

Fans are a requirement for me. None of the bedrooms in my house even had lights in the ceilings when we moved here. They all had switched outlets though so I used that circuit and added supported boxes to the ceiling so I could install fans. I even did it in the kitchen, although that was one room that already had a ceiling light fixture installed. I just had to add support to the junction box to hold a fan.

I would love to have one but sadly I don't. Hopefully when we actually BUY a home we'll remedy that

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    As a kid, I delivered a lot of newspapers. I had to learn to deal with dogs because most customers wanted the paper near the front door. I found that a simple cap gun got rid of most of them. If they were more persistent, I learned that you can't show ANY fear and growl and bark right back at them as loud as you can. You look stupid but if they can truly sense that you are willing to fight them, they usually back down.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Is it the same one that gave you problems a month or two back???

No another one.
    I heard it bark as I got closer but assumed it was behind a fence so I didn't pay much attention to it.Turned out the gate was wild open and that thing went straight at me on the road.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure your landlord wouldn't mind you making improvements to the property as long as you're willing to spend the $$. Fans really to make a huge difference.

No not at all. I lucked out and got a really great landlord. We haven't had many problems since we moved in but the few we have had were taken care of immediately. He really doesn't care what we do to the house as far as improvements and has even told us if we keep receipts he will knock it off of our rent. He's a really great guy and a welcome relief from some of the slumlords I've had in the past. He even pays to send an exterminator out once in a while because one of our neighbors has a bit of a problem with bugs....and I do NOT do bugs. Yuck!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Oh please have some for me. My kids aren't in bed yet so not booze yet.

Supr is putting it away tonight.

I think I've had enough for all of us. I've killed an entire liter of Bahama Mama in the last 2 1/2 hours and I'm still semi lucid. I probably should be concerned about being able to handle that much but I think I'll worry about that some other time. :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom