• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Let's not forget that I refused to answer their questions when I came back into the country and didn't have a problem. :D

I refused to answer some of them and that just made them angry. :dunno:
    I even refused to translate some stuff and one officer threatened me with "Dont make me Google translate it pal!" :):

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Well 'Merica is screwed if they rely on Google to translate stuff to find out if people are terrorists or not. :):

Are you doubting our government bureaucracies? With attitude like that, no wonder they didn't let you in!

Oh...and did you just confess to being a terrorist? The NSA [STRIKE]will be hearing about[/STRIKE] is also reading this!

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I refused to answer some of them and that just made them angry. :dunno:
    I even refused to translate some stuff and one officer threatened me with "Dont make me Google translate it pal!" :):

You should have let him Google translate your documents. It's hard telling why he might have thought you were coming here. Google could have translated "passionate trans-Atlantic love affair" into "plethora of trannies in Atlantic City." :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Are you doubting our government bureaucracies? With attitude like that, no wonder they didn't let you in!

I know I was a bit of a smartass but the whole thing was just so ridiculous I had to laugh about it.

Once I knew I wasn't going in anyway and that they had nothing to arrest me I knew I could make fun of the whole situation (and the fact that for people who work with foreigners they didn't master any foreign language and had to use Google to do the job ... very poorly). :)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I know I was a bit of a smartass but the whole thing was just so ridiculous I had to laugh about it.

Once I knew I wasn't going in anyway and that they had nothing to arrest me I knew I could make fun of the whole situation (and the fact that for people who work with foreigners they didn't master any foreign language and had to use Google to do the job ... very poorly). :)

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's scary, because I'm not all that concerned with foreigners, especially from France, but it is a bit sad to think that they aren't required to learn at least some conversational skills in at least one foreign language.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You should have let him Google translate your documents. It's hard telling why he might have thought you were coming here. Google could have translated "passionate trans-Atlantic love affair" into "plethora of trannies in Atlantic City." :D

:):

I did let them translate it on their own.Boy it was painful to watch.
    Google wasn't any help (the letter also had some Arabic and maybe Japanese :): so they were kinda lost).
    The officer really thought he found something good like he stopped the next 9/11 so he said he would send it to the embassy in Paris to see what they could find.
    I still haven't heard of them and have yet to see NAVY seals in my yard to get me. :rolleyes:

Only document they could understand, the US Bill of Rights, they trashed it. :xmad:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it's scary, because I'm not all that concerned with foreigners, especially from France, but it is a bit sad to think that they aren't required to learn at least some conversational skills in at least one foreign language.

An officer even yelled at me because she thought my accent was not good enough.
    After hours in the plane with no sleep I didn't really care to use my best English accent to talk to them.I was nice enough to use their own language in the first place.

They talked to a woman who was only speaking Romanian.
    After they asked if she understood English (she said no) they kept talking to her in English.She was lost and had no idea why she couldn't get in the country.
    I was concerned for that poor old woman who was probably visiting some family.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Just keepin' the country safe, Sylvain. All in a day's work. Think of the children.

tumblr_mbxynmsQ7Z1rfu3joo1_400.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom