Not open for further replies.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Any fans of My name is Earl?
    Yep. I once wrote a scathing letter to the local TV station about the show. An ISU college basketball game ended around 9:05. Instead of showing 25 minutes of the new episode of My Name is Earl, they showed 25 minutes of commercials.

Using my full name, they read my letter on the evening news. The anchor then proceeded to lecture me about how "advertisers are how they make money" and "without sponsors I wouldn't be able to watch them." They tried to act like I was an idiot for suggesting they pick up a show five minutes late instead of showing 25 minutes of commercials. The anchor came across as a real a-hole.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ah ok.I used to watch it in the States.
    I just found out it's on TV here and I was able to watch it in English. :yesway:

I don't watch much TV honestly. Usually when the TV is on here it's something the kids or the man are watching. On occasion I'll flip on the ID channel ( to gets ideas of course) but that's rare

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't watch much TV honestly. Usually when the TV is on here it's something the kids or the man are watching. On occasion I'll flip on the ID channel ( to gets ideas of course) but that's rare

I watch mainly only US or British TV shows and movies.
    It's how I learn the language so it's not a waste of time. :dunno:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I watch mainly only US or British TV shows and movies.
    It's how I learn the language so it's not a waste of time. :dunno:

Don't watch those crazy British television shows if you wanna learn the real English, all good and proper like!

'Merica...greatest country in the United States

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Yep. I once wrote a scathing letter to the local TV station about the show. An ISU college basketball game ended around 9:05. Instead of showing 25 minutes of the new episode of My Name is Earl, they showed 25 minutes of commercials.

Using my full name, they read my letter on the evening news. The anchor then proceeded to lecture me about how "advertisers are how they make money" and "without sponsors I wouldn't be able to watch them." They tried to act like I was an idiot for suggesting they pick up a show five minutes late instead of showing 25 minutes of commercials. The anchor came across as a real a-hole.

WTWO, the station that was rude, also ran a series of attack ads against the other local weather team.

Jon Steward of the Daily Show made fun of them.

This is the original ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJH-nvnCqLI

This is the Daily Show making fun of them:

The Weather Game in Terre Haute, Indiana - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/08/06 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

This is the second time he made fun of them when they complained:
    Intro - Weather Attack Ad - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/10/06 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    :):

Well Top Gear USA sucks so I have to watch the original British one. :dunno:

Reported.

Deported.

deportation.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom