Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I thought if guys judged distance wrong, they went the other way. :dunno:
    FTR, I asked Daddy , if I was thinking right, before I said anything:D

Well I guess he's not a fisherman.

I got the rifle sighted in, then I tried the same shot with the iron sights. I'm a terrible shot with the irons:noway:. Then I tried the GSG 1911-22. Stunk even worse. :noway::noway: Not using this as an excuse, but I was having trouble seeing the target because of getting disinfectant in my eyes this weekend. Vision is still a little hazy. I think it was more my shaky hands than my vision that was causing the problems anyway.

Maybe I shouldn't even bother going to the steel demo, probably won't be able to hit anything. :(

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    ATTN Expat and HandK, I will be heading up to south bend for a job either later this week or first part of next week. Pm me if you'd like to meet up for dinner or just meet for a bit.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    good, and u?

way to long... went from work to pick kid up after tutoring to a quick supper to PTO back home a quick shower then kid to bed... finally got the hubby off to work and I can relax a bit...

I swear sometimes this parenting thing is over rated.. maybe that's why I am so excited to be a granny, I can spoil that one and send it home :rockwoot:

On the bright side I did get to talk to the music teacher tonight and asked her about the strings lessons Liam is getting this year, a year early BTW and she said she selected a few gifted younger children to learn.. he says she is still waiting for him to be ready for the instrument that helps you learn bagpipes.. she is excited to get him into that. I didn't know he was that talented with music.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Well I guess he's not a fisherman.

I got the rifle sighted in, then I tried the same shot with the iron sights. I'm a terrible shot with the irons:noway:. Then I tried the GSG 1911-22. Stunk even worse. :noway::noway: Not using this as an excuse, but I was having trouble seeing the target because of getting disinfectant in my eyes this weekend. Vision is still a little hazy. I think it was more my shaky hands than my vision that was causing the problems anyway.

Maybe I shouldn't even bother going to the steel demo, probably won't be able to hit anything. :(

Don't say that. It all takes practice. I have shaky hands too.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I was disinfecting the hog building out with Tektrol and dropped the bottle, it splashed back in my face and eyes. Got a mild burn on my face and eyes.
    My Grandparents raised hogs.
    I smelled that perfume every Summer.
    My idea of disinfecting the hog building would have involved a can of gas and a road flare. :):

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

It's fine, no permenate damage, just some hazy vision for a bit. Scared me though, my Dad has lost his sight to Macular Degeneration and I see how he struggles. I was just a few feet away from a hog waterer, so I started flushing right away, got my contact out. After a few minutes my husband got me to the house and I finished flushing my eyes for 20 minutes in the shower. Thankfully I was so close to water or the outcome might have been different.

My Grandparents raised hogs.
    I smelled that perfume every Summer.
    My idea of disinfecting the hog building would have involved a can of gas and a road flare. :):

Hey, are you making fun of my perfume??? Smells like money to me. :)

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Hey, are you making fun of my perfume??? Smells like money to me. :)
    Nope...
    I love hogs....
    After they're processed. ;)
    One of my least favorite things to do was to load up the hogs to take to Auction.
    We had to "help" the hogs to get into Grandpas old pickup.
    It took a lot of scrubbing with Lava and a rough wash cloth to get the crap off, and the smell out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom