• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Regarding the pre-trip, I'm thinking it's gonna be even easier to actually do the damn thing than to remember to SAY all the stupidly specific phrases

"properly mounted and secured"
    "not cracked, bent or broken"
    "not cut, gouged, or bulging"
    "not cut, bare, frayed or corroded"
    "not cut, cracked, frayed, or glazed"

Now I just gotta think in my own head "is it f'd up, is crap missing, and is crap coming out of it that shouldn't be coming out?"

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Regarding the pre-trip, I'm thinking it's gonna be even easier to actually do the damn thing than to remember to SAY all the stupidly specific phrases

"properly mounted and secured"
    "not cracked, bent or broken"
    "not cut, gouged, or bulging"
    "not cut, bare, frayed or corroded"
    "not cut, cracked, frayed, or glazed"

Now I just gotta think in my own head "is it f'd up, is crap missing, and is crap coming out of it that shouldn't be coming out?"

That is too funny. :D The night before the boss took his test and we had studied for 8 hours that day and I dreamed the walk around multiple times. I had it memorized, too bad it was the wrong truck or I could have taken mine too then. Those were the exact same phrases we were using. And even though there was a cerpantine belt you had to mention it wasn't cracked worn or frayed ever time you mentioned a different component it was running. congrats again,

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Most of the maneuver learning was based on reference points on the landing gear, lol.

Wow, I just thought about it and 2 weeks ago exactly I was studying for my permit test and hadn't even been inside a tractor or even driven a vehicle with a manual transmission.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Most of the maneuver learning was based on reference points on the landing gear, lol.

Wow, I just thought about it and 2 weeks ago exactly I was studying for my permit test and hadn't even been inside a tractor or even driven a vehicle with a manual transmission.

Seriously??? That's amazing, but then again they say some newbies are the best because they don't have to be untaught or broke of bad habits and that goes for a lot of things besides driving. I for one am a good driver, but have habits that wouldn't fly with a CDL instructor probably.

Did you go to driving school or have some sort of instructor?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I need work on my downshifting from 3rd to 2nd and 7th to 6th, although I think some of the hiccups were due to nerves and a rough transmission on the test truck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom