• Status
    Not open for further replies.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    My brother owned a service station for many years, I remember him having to drive a big screw driver though the oil filter to get it off from guys that changed there own oil and got it on so tight they couldn't get it off!! Seen it allot of times!! and him cussing and throw stuff across the shop because of it!! :D

That is the trick. The new filters are so thin they just rip the case.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Please stay on topic. We are talking about oil filters.:D

The last time I got lazy and let my wife take her van somewhere for an oil change, the kid doing left the old filter gasket stuck to the block and put a new filter on over top of it. The van left a trail of oil all the way home. :xmad:

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    The last time I got lazy and let my wife take her van somewhere for an oil change, the kid doing left the old filter gasket stuck to the block and put a new filter on over top of it. The van left a trail of oil all the way home. :xmad:

I used to do them all myself. I am getting lazy now but I will not use a quick lube type of place for that reason.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I used to do them all myself. I am getting lazy now but I will not use a quick lube type of place for that reason.
    A lot of times you can find a coupon for a quickie place oil change that's actually cheaper than doing it yourself, but you're right, that's the chance you take. I made them send somebody to the house to fix it and clean up the mess. I refused to try to drive it back. I also told them that if I found any further damage, they would be hearing from me again. I have dated photos along with their dated receipt still in a file somewhere.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

th_trailer_park.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom