• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leah Marie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    K-Town
    There are lots of cause of seizures, falling off a bicycle is not one. Injury from falling off a bicycle could be a reason. But not falling off a bicycle specifically

Okay, I'll go ahead and tell you the story... All I remember is my foot slipping off the pedal on the bike and I fell. Well I went into a seizure when I hit the ground. Dad had to give mouth to mouth to keep me alive and I was tangled in the bicyle. Also, my face looked horrible afterwards, plus I had some memory loss.

(oh and I was standing when my foot slipped)

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Okay, I'll go ahead and tell you the story... All I remember is my foot slipping off the pedal on the bike and I fell. Well I went into a seizure when I hit the ground. Dad had to give mouth to mouth to keep me alive and I was tangled in the bicyle. Also, my face looked horrible afterwards, plus I had some memory loss.

trauma causes seizures. I win

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Leah's seizure was the scariest parenting moment I've had. She managed somehow to launch herself over the handle bars. I was in the garage and heard one of my daughters screaming bloody murder. I look out and Leah is tangled up in her bicycle, face down, flopping around. I run out there, stick my arm between her face and the street and wait for the seizure to end. The side of her head looked like someone had shoved a softball under her skin.

All of a sudden, she went limp and I noticed her face was turning blue. I didn't want to roll her over because I was worried about neck injuries, but I had to so I could make sure her airway was clear. She had some gum in her mouth and I scooped it out, but she still wasn't breathing. I give a couple rescue breaths and she started breathing again.

Not fun at all...

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Leah's seizure was the scariest parenting moment I've had. She managed somehow to launch herself over the handle bars. I was in the garage and heard one of my daughters screaming bloody murder. I look out and Leah is tangled up in her bicycle, face down, flopping around. I run out there, stick my arm between her face and the street and wait for the seizure to end. The side of her head looked like someone had shoved a softball under her skin.

All of a sudden, she went limp and I noticed her face was turning blue. I didn't want to roll her over because I was worried about neck injuries, but I had to so I could make sure her airway was clear. She had some gum in her mouth and I scooped it out, but she still wasn't breathing. I give a couple rescue breaths and she started breathing again.

Not fun at all...
    Tought moment as a parent but you did well. Airway supercedes and concerns of neck injury

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Seizures are scary to watch. The best thing to do is try to protect them from further harm without holding them down (ie, letting them bounce their head off your arm instead of the concrete). Right?

I've only seen two in my life. One was in 5th grade...

Paul had a seizure at the desk right next to me. Mr. Burns just sat there as the convulsed and slobbered all over the desk. As soon as Paul was done, Mr. Burns said, "ya OK," Paul said "yes" and he started teaching again.
    (Obviously Paul's parents told him that was the best thing to do)

It was definitely weird though.

The second time was in college and one of my buddies was standing in front of me smoking a doobie when all of a sudden his eyes rolled back in his head and his head hit the counter before I could even try and catch him.

He was lying there pale as hell and sweating like a whore in church, but breathing, so instead of calling 911 I got a wet towel(we were already in the kitchen) and put it on his head and called his name for a few seconds and he came back-to. That was really scary...Especially since it was the first time he's ever had a seizure.

Yes, Alcohol and Drug abuse can cause seizures

I watched an episode of Intervention and there was a guy on there that had a seizure from not having alcohol for just a few hours.:n00b:

I love me an ice-cold libation, but DAMN! That's messed up.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

So your Dad has not only given you life, but saved your life at least once as well?

Quit giving him lip and go make him a sammich.

Leah Marie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    K-Town
    So your Dad has not only given you life, but saved your life at least once as well?

Quit giving him lip and go make him a sammich.

Yep, lol funny thing when that happened mom was running around didn't know what to do... I love my parents :D
    I would and have cooked for him, but I'm not gonna make a sammich right now bc he is at work and he's not hungry. lol;)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yeah, mom doesn't handle injuries well. She was screaming incoherently into the phone. I guess the 911 operator said something about not being able to understand her, so she throws the phone at me, and starts running down the street beating on doors, screaming for help. Lol

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yep, lol funny thing when that happened mom was running around didn't know what to do... I love my parents :D
    I would and have cooked for him, but I'm not gonna make a sammich right now bc he is at work and he's not hungry. lol;)

How do you know I'm not hungry?

Exactly.

Leah, can you please tell me why your Dad isn't posting about the delicious sammich you personally delivered him?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom