• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm still technologically challenged. I don't even have a Iphone or similar type. I'm typing this out on a surplus 80's computer I got at an auction. Takes up half the basement.

Does it run on 5.25 floppys?

I have an iPhone so I hadn't gotten a iPad, I couldn't rationalize it.

But I finally gave in.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Thanks!

I'm excited. I rationalized it for the e-reader. HA.

On a totally separate note, Looks like our most recent "good bye" person isn't really leaving.

saw that....though now he's apparently ignoring a bunch of people...and a mod he'd like to ignore...:dunno:...if ya don't wanna read someone's posts, just don't read them :rolleyes:

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Does it run on 5.25 floppys?

I have an iPhone so I hadn't gotten a iPad, I couldn't rationalize it.

But I finally gave in.

Oh man, I remember playing Oregon Trail on floppy disc. That was high technology!

I bought a net book a while back. Can't really say I need something else yet. Want, is a different story...

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Oh man, I remember playing Oregon Trail on floppy disc. That was high technology!

I bought a net book a while back. Can't really say I need something else yet. Want, is a different story...

I remember Oregon Trail too!! We thought it was a big treat to get to play it...

I had a net book, then I started talking about going to school and my brother gifted me with my present laptop (TONS better) and sold my net book for me :D...you get ready for something better, LMK and I'll tell him to hook ya up ;)

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    I remember Oregon Trail too!! We thought it was a big treat to get to play it...

I had a net book, then I started talking about going to school and my brother gifted me with my present laptop (TONS better) and sold my net book for me :D...you get ready for something better, LMK and I'll tell him to hook ya up ;)

I use the netbook at work and when I want to sit on the couch. I have a regular laptop.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I've tried to justify buying an iPad many times, I just can't do it.

I have a laptop and an iPhone...What would I need an iPad for(This isn't a rhetorical question, I'm actually asking)?

Yeah, I am in the same boat, and this is the very reason I hadn't bought one before.

But I was going to buy an e-reader anyway (kindle/nook) for all the books i have to read for school. So I figured that price in, and then figured if I was going to spend that anyway, might as well get the one that has all the other fun apps.
    :dunno:

Do I need it, not really... But it'll be nice for watching movies in the car or on long trips, plus a few various other things.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI

I have a laptop and an iPhone...What would I need an iPad for(This isn't a rhetorical question, I'm actually asking)?

Same here. Maybe I'll save for that after I get a G19. I thought about getting the first gen iPad for like $350-400, but I still couldn't justify it.:dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yeah, I am in the same boat, and this is the very reason I hadn't bought one before.

But I was going to buy an e-reader anyway (kindle/nook) for all the books i have to read for school. So I figured that price in, and then figured if I was going to spend that anyway, might as well get the one that has all the other fun apps.
    :dunno:

Do I need it, not really... But it'll be nice for watching movies in the car or on long trips, plus a few various other things.

I hear you, especially if you need a Kindle anyway...Having a TV is also nice, but I have one built into my dashboard, so that is just one more reason as to why I DON'T need one.

Maybe if the iPad 1s start selling for really cheap I'll get one.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

Truthfully you don't, I love my iPad but if I would have never bought myself one, mine was a gift

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom