th_smiley_emoticons_zombies_igitt.gif
    th_smiley_emoticons_zombies_irre.gif

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I played with one at the last C.P. Gunshow but, they guy wanted $100 too much... Definitely want one!!!

You can get quality without spending TRP money... I love mine but, just picked up an operator that I plan to use as my duty gun as soon as I get my holster that has been on order forever.

I would start with a Springfield Milspec and work my way up from there if I were you.... I could do little stuff like fitting a thumb safety, adding a magwell, switching out a trigger, maybe even a grip safety or hammer if you don't mind me having it for a week and Gutridge in Griffith is awesome for the bigger stuff....

I just wouldn't jump in head first with a lot of money in a gun until you were sure that you liked the platform....

If you know right off the bat you want all those bells and whistles, look into a loaded model, give me $85 and I'll throw on a Smith and Alexander Magwell for ya. It will basically be a budget TRP.

(I put Smith and Alexander Magwells on all my 1911's including my TRP)

How much were they asking at the show?

My reasoning for going with the TRP was I didn't want to do any work on it, but a cheaper base price is more appealing and I could do exactly what I wanted to it. :scratch: Decisions, decisions.

I actually need to go and see Gutridge one of these days and see what it would cost to get my H&R Sportsman and Sears and Roebuck shotgun reblued.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom