• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Hmmm.... I thought bill was worded so that no local governments could have more restrictive gun laws than the state. So, the city couldn't have a law against weapons in the stadium, but I thought the stadium could still not allow them and asking you to leave. :dunno:

Sure, but then the Colts organization and Irsay have to pay out of his OWN pocket to check people for guns, not the local police.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Hmmm.... I thought bill was worded so that no local governments could have more restrictive gun laws than the state. So, the city couldn't have a law against weapons in the stadium, but I thought the stadium could still not allow them and asking you to leave. :dunno:

IDK, I guess it depends on whether the stadium is public property :dunno: or private property? Like the libraries versus a retail store? IDK..just a guess

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    IDK, I guess it depends on whether the stadium is public property :dunno: or private property? Like the libraries versus a retail store? IDK..just a guess

I think the main point is they can still make you leave, you're just not breaking a law because its not illegal.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    For me it's more of the local government taking a stand saying "Look, WE won't be responsible for disarming people" which is a HUGE step in the direction gun owners SHOULD be for.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    How can it be private property when every person who lives or buys anything in Marion or the surrounding counties have had to help pay for it?

But isn't it more about who's putting the event on and not that actual venue? I thought for concerts and such they made their own rules and had to pay their own insurance for events. :dunno:

I think its one of those gray lines that isn't clearly defined.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    How can it be private property when every person who lives or buys anything in Marion or the surrounding counties have had to help pay for it?

I agree. TOTALLY. Who pays for my store? The people who chose to come in the doors. THATs what gives me the right to ask people to leave. IF taxpayer's paid for the lights and my paycheck, I shouldn't be able to ask them to leave unless they're breaking a law.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    But isn't it more about who's putting the event on and not that actual venue? I thought for concerts and such they made their own rules and had to pay their own insurance for events. :dunno:

probably a very gray line.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

Sure. If let's say hypothetically YOU held an event there... you can put "no guns allowed" on the tickets. But you are then responsible for having the metal detectors or whatever bag checkers and etc. you want.

But by default, the place would be a legal carry spot.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Sure. If let's say hypothetically YOU held an event there... you can put "no guns allowed" on the tickets. But you are then responsible for having the metal detectors or whatever bag checkers and etc. you want.

But by default, the place would be a legal carry spot.

Yep... that's how I understand it. Media is mis-reporting like crazy though. And Anti-gun, gunowners are all about it. Some people are just idiots.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom